BDR folder or ISO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDR folder or ISO?

If I am burning a bdr25 to be played on my ps3 should the final image burned be an iso or a folder option?

Originally posted by vegitossj5
    no one??
    Stop being so impatient it has only been a few minutes since you asked the question.

People to have other things to do.

Comment

Lol..There are many options, and ISO is an exact copy of the original disc. I think you would be better off just burning a BMDV structure which is what the original disc is, ISO is a container and most people make them to play on the computer or media players.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        Lol..There are many options, and ISO is an exact copy of the original disc. I think you would be better off just burning a BMDV structure which is what the original disc is, ISO is a container and most people make them to play on the computer or media players.
        How do I burn a bdmv movie structure?

Comment

Originally posted by vegitossj5 View Post
          How do I burn a bdmv movie structure?
          That's the folder option you asked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
            That's the folder option you asked about.
            Can you please tell me the step to make sure I select that option? so that they can play on my ps3...

Comment

Can you please tell me the step to make sure I select that option? so that they can play on my ps3...
              I know nothing about a PS3. But I will tell you this. A lot of these questions you have been asking are really quite easy to figure out on your own through trial & error. That could be why you are not receiving responses as quickly as you would like. You can try different things or just wait around for a reply. Your choice.

When you have DVDFab open there are 2 options to pick from for the "Target" destination. 1 being a folder & the other being an ISO. If you are going to burn this to a disc, it doesn't matter which one you pick.

Comment

When you insert your movie into the computer and bring up Fab, up top you have 2 boxes source and target. Obviously your inserted disc is source and target is you BD drive again. You want to make this you HDD so you write your movie to you HDD and save wear an tear on your drive. Always select BD50 at the bottom of the screen then select your options if you want main movie only or full disc. If you are gonna compress you will select BD25 at the bottom and make the file which you just made it will be a BMDV and Certificate file all in a single folder say Iron Man. You will make this folder your source and the target will be the HDD again, this will be your compressed movie to fit onto a 25GB. I suggest you DL ImgBurn and make this your default burning engine, there are instructions here how to set up AWS for the media you are using. It would also be a good idea to pick up some BDRE so you can make a few practice burns!
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Obviously your inserted disc is source and target is you BD drive again.
                  I don't understand how my target is my bd drive again. Shouldn't my target be a folder on my harddrive?

If you are gonna compress you will select BD25 at the bottom and make the file which you just made it will be a BMDV and Certificate file all in a single folder say Iron Man.
                  So in order to do this I just pick the little folder in between the target and the paper with the blue bubble right?

Comment

I don't understand how my target is my bd drive again. Shouldn't my target be a folder on my hard drive?
                    So in order to do this I just pick the little folder in between the target and the paper with the blue bubble right?
                    Hi vegitossj5
                    That is exactly what my friend said in the next sentence.
                    You want to make this you HDD so you write your movie to you HDD and save wear an tear on your drive.

Yes, you will pick the little folder icon.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I understood his next sentence. ok. so you are saying just to ignore the sentence before that because it's wrong right?

Comment

I understood his next sentence. ok. so you are saying just to ignore the sentence before that because it's wrong right?
                        No don't ignore any of it! I was telling you what Fab will do when started until you specify a folder on your HDD! You can set it up so it will write to which ever dir/folder you wish in the settings or you can select the folder icon next to the iso icon and choose you drive/folder

Comment

Working...
                        X