X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variant sizes after blu-ray copy

Hey guys,

It seems that when I use blu-ray copy to shrink the main video down to fit on a bd25, the output size is variant, and almost never fills up the disc completely.

Seems like this is wasting valuable space on the disc to me, and isn't very efficient. Is there something I'm missing that can fix this?
    Thanks!

Hi santasnotreal
    Some movies will fit uncompressed on a disc.
    What are your writable media settings in Fab???
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hello,
      Ya, all these are too large to fit on a single layer disc. I'm simply using the blu-ray copy -> main movie tool to compress to a bd25, and saving it to hardrive. Encryptor is set to low speed (high quality).

Comment

Hi santasnotreal,
        Which disc did you ues? What's the format of audio track? Please post the internal log here. Thanks.

Comment

I'm using a Memorex BD-R 4x 25gb blank disc. If the original disc is small enough in size as to not effect the video quality, then I'll leave the HD audio on (DTS). If it's too big, then I'll have dvdfab convert it to AC3. Either way, I've noticed that the output size is variant. I'd be more than happy to post an internal log, but where do I find that at?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by santasnotreal View Post
            I'd be more than happy to post an internal log, but where do I find that at?
            Thanks for the help!
            Hi santasnotreal
            The default location is:
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If your expectation is you an make all your rips come out the same size, you just can't. Movies vary in size based on encoding method, duration and a ton of other reasons. Even if the movies are all very large and you compress them all to a given size they will vary some.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                If your expectation is you an make all your rips come out the same size, you just can't. Movies vary in size based on encoding method, duration and a ton of other reasons. Even if the movies are all very large and you compress them all to a given size they will vary some.
                That's interesting, and I think unique to this program, as I also use other software, and while it takes about 6 hours to finish a whole movie, they are the same size each time, nearly the entire size of the disc.

Anyway, attached is my internal log (thx for helping me find that). I haven't used DVDfab to burn anything, so its filled with nothing but empty sessions.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 90312; 03-29-2012, 12:26 AM. Reason: Edited name of competitor software.

Comment

Sounds as if this other software uses a fixed file size method (CBR). This assigns the same amount of data to each time segment which in my opinion is a much more inefficient use of space. The very low complexity segment gets as much data as a much more complex one.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by santasnotreal View Post

0m 57.73s: Source: G:/Movies/THE_THING_2011_RENTAL/BDMV/
                    This was pulled from your log, this forum observes all copyright rules! The mods dont take to kindly to this and might close your thread out! As for your issue some movies are under the limit a movie that is 20GB uncompressed is not going to fill up the total 23GB allowed so you are not wasting any disc space, When ever you do compression it tells you the compression ratio if you have the correct settings and you are compressing a file down to the 23GB size thats what you will get if you select compression and then start removing things your files size will shrink!
                    Last edited by DiabloZoe; 03-29-2012, 05:52 AM.
                    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X