The Buggiest Ever Encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Buggiest Ever Encountered

First bluray kept reading forever and stuck or crashed when tried to cancel.

Second bluray had no access to chapters, reverting to the beginning all the time, whenever "next" was pressed.

Third bluray had access to second chapter only, but no access to remaining chapters, reverting to the second chapter all the time when NEXT was pressed.

The fourth attempt had the same problems with the second's.

The fifth attempt had the same problems with the second's.

Please fix them ASAP. Thanks,

Just sent the logs by email to DVDFab Tech Support as they are much too long to attach.

Comment

Please post your logs here! Just copy an paste the log at the point you are having issues, this most likely be at the bottom. The internal is what you want to post
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Had to roll back to 8.1.6.8 last night as FAB kept crashing. It selects the wrong track to rip and when I manually change it CRASH. 8.1.6.8 seems to also be selecting wrong track but no crash when bumped to correct track.
        Just when I thought I had it all sorted

Comment

You never will because of the inherent dependencies that can change between releases.

It is a good operating procedure to save all the installers so that you can always revert to a previous version or as a lot of us old hands do, have multiple versions installed.

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
          Had to roll back to 8.1.6.8 last night as FAB kept crashing. It selects the wrong track to rip and when I manually change it CRASH. 8.1.6.8 seems to also be selecting wrong track but no crash when bumped to correct track.
          Just when I thought I had it all sorted
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Today, I encountered identical problems even with the most recent version of .7.1, i.e., no access to any chapters, and some cases, it could not finish reading, suggesting that I abort the project.

Finally, uninstalled .71 and re-installed .68. Then, everything worked again without any problem on the same title.

This shows that both .70 and .71 are buggy that cannot be ignored.

Hopefully, when a new release is designed to solve a new problem, it should not itself become a new problem as well. Thorough testing and engineering are critical to this process, making it a joy, rather than a fear, to embrace a new release.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              You never will because of the inherent dependencies that can change between releases.

It is a good operating procedure to save all the installers so that you can always revert to a previous version or as a lot of us old hands do, have multiple versions installed.
              Probably a simple question but how do you manage to have multiple installs. Every time I install fab it overwrites the previous version. I can go forward or back with different versions but am always left with only the one install.

Comment

Change the "Install" directory when you are installing..

Probably a simple question but how do you manage to have multiple installs. Every time I install fab it overwrites the previous version. I can go forward or back with different versions but am always left with only the one install.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have back to 8.0.7.0. its always good to install into another directory just make sure you change the name of the Fab icon on your desk top because it will over write it (if its important to have a desk top icon) sometimes the new Fab will be a bit buggy and a previous version has always worked, just keep it!!
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi Garry E
                    TRY THISDuring install when the screen comes up for destination folder C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8xxxQT and start menu folder DVDFab 8xxx, I change the blue from DVD Fab 8xxxQT, and add115 or whatever version you are installing after the 8, which will allow me to have more than one version installed, right now I have 10 versions of 8 installed and running, it will put an icon on your desktop after installing that version but, you will have to rename the DVD Fab 8QT new icon to DVD Fab 8115QT or what ever the version that you have just installed.
                    Just right click the icon and click rename.
                    Hope this helped
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Hi Garry E
                      TRY THISDuring install when the screen comes up for destination folder C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8xxxQT and start menu folder DVDFab 8xxx, I change the blue from DVD Fab 8xxxQT, and add115 or whatever version you are installing after the 8, which will allow me to have more than one version installed, right now I have 10 versions of 8 installed and running, it will put an icon on your desktop after installing that version but, you will have to rename the DVD Fab 8QT new icon to DVD Fab 8115QT or what ever the version that you have just installed.
                      Just right click the icon and click rename.
                      Hope this helped
                      CBR929
                      Bingo! Just what CBR929 said. I was just about to post when I saw his reply.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sounds easy enough, I'll give it a try. Hope I don't need to end up with 10 versions running just to get things to work

I'm pretty happy with 8.1.6.8 at the moment so I might just sit on that 'till I find something broken. i see there is another new version out today so I will try the multiple install with that and see if it goes OK.

Thanks all for your advice

Comment

Thanks guys. Sounds easy enough, I'll give it a try. Hope I don't need to end up with 10 versions running just to get things to work

I'm pretty happy with 8.1.6.8 at the moment so I might just sit on that 'till I find something broken. i see there is another new version out today so I will try the multiple install with that and see if it goes OK.

Thanks all for your advice
                          Hi Garry E
                          I keep multiple versions installed so that I may test a version that a member may be having problems using, I also keep older versions installed that I know work when I am doing my converting should I run into problems using newer versions.
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Just a bit of feedback CBR > I installed the latest version as you guys suggested and now have two running versions (both behaving well) I will keep using the new version until I'm sure it has no bad habits then it will become my main install and I will add other beta versions as they become available as secondary installs.

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy this forum and the software.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Garry E
                              Glad to help!!!
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X