Mummy 3 Dragon Emporer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mummy 3 Dragon Emporer

Trying to backup my copy of The Mummy 3.
    Getting very poor quality due to level of recompression needed 45GB -> 22.5GB
    I can get far better quality by manually recompressing the main movie stream using 2 pass external h264 encoding software.
    Unfortunately the newly recompressed .m2ts stream won't play without editing the corresponding .mpls and .clpi files.
    anyone know how to do this?
    i'm probably asking for info beyond the scope of this forum, but any help apreciated.
    Thanks

Can you post your logs for this?
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

This forum is provided by and for the discussion of DVDFab software only. The third party encoding software may have a forum for its use.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Post your logs from DVDFab and DiabloZoe will put you on the right track!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

log file attatched

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
          Can you post your logs for this?
          Log file attatched.

There is no fault with DVDFab, DVDFab works as intended, I believe the quality issue is due to too low a bitrate being used in the transcoding in order to achieve the target BD25 disk size.

The main movie contains 7 DTS audio streams which consume 9GB of disk space which leaves too little space for the video on a 25GB backup disk

Hence why i've been trying other software pass encoding software.

I've had more than satisfactory quality results on other titals where only moderate recompression is required.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 90312; 04-02-2012, 09:21 PM. Reason: Do not name other software, like I said this forum is for DVDFab only!

Comment

Hi BenjaminSisko
            Please try updating to the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17122 and try again there have been may inprovements since 8.1.6.3.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminSisko View Post
              Log file attatched.

There is no fault with DVDFab, DVDFab works as intended, I believe the quality issue is due to too low a bitrate being used in the transcoding in order to achieve the target BD25 disk size.

The main movie contains 7 DTS audio streams which consume 9GB of disk space which leaves too little space for the video on a 25GB backup disk

Hence why i've been trying other software pass encoding software.

I've had more than satisfactory quality results on other titals where only moderate recompression is required.
              I will check the log when I get on a computer but with HD movies it's usually the audio that takes up the most space, but you only need 1 stream not 7...so that should give you more space! Question when you compress down are you doing movie only or full disc, what is the compression ratio it gives you? Also do like my friend CBR929 says, upgrade!
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
              X