X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with orphan bluray to bluray

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, but it's a problem I have had before with other discs. I have made a bluray movie only backup of orphan but the backup has a problem with the re-encoded video. I keep the HD master soundtrack and it takes about 3 hours to make an iso image of the film. Everything appears to have worked fine but when you watch either the iso image or a BDr made from it the video is what I can best describe as very unstable. It's like it's playing some of the frames of video out of sync. Hopefully this makes sense to someone as it's not easy to describe in words.

I have tried ripping the film with GPU acceleration on and off and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I also noticed there was a new beta so I tried that with the same results.

Here is the internal log for the last attempt made using the latest beta

DVDFab 6.2.1.0 (2009/12/03 13:10:57)

0m 06.15s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 0 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 10.57s: detected blu-ray
    0m 10.64s: drive E
    0m 10.64s: volume label ORPHAN
    0m 11.65s: root 03A998FB ORPHAN:ORPHAN:ORPHAN:ORPHAN
    0m 11.87s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 12.06s: got discinfo
    0m 12.09s: got bdmv
    0m 12.10s: got agid
    0m 12.12s: sent host cert chal
    0m 12.12s: got drive cert chal
    0m 12.15s: got drive key
    0m 12.29s: got host key signature
    0m 12.29s: verified drive signature
    0m 12.29s: verified host signature
    0m 12.32s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 12.32s: got bus key
    0m 12.32s: got volume id
    0m 12.32s: got volume id mac
    0m 12.32s: volume id is correct
    0m 12.32s: got vid
    0m 13.60s: got vuk
    0m 13.60s: got unit key 1
    0m 18.01s: got extended bdinfo
    5m 13.95s: playlist 0 playlen 7367
    5m 13.95s: pid 4113 cbr 0 vbr 24693
    5m 13.95s: pid 4352 cbr 2152 vbr 0
    5m 13.95s: pid 4353 cbr 732 vbr 3371
    5m 13.95s: pid 4608 cbr 0 vbr 41
    5m 13.95s: pat/pmt/sit 57
    5m 13.95s: pcr 1
    5m 13.95s: non video 3472
    5m 13.95s: video reencode bitrate 19895109
    231m 17.93s: detected blu-ray
    231m 17.98s: iso C:\ORPHAN.iso
    231m 17.98s: volume label ORPHAN
    231m 18.06s: root 3B8385BD________ORPHAN:ORPHAN:ORPHAN:ORPHAN
    231m 18.07s: aacs 0 bd+ 0
    231m 18.09s: got discinfo
    231m 18.10s: got bdmv
    231m 18.10s: got extended bdinfo

Thanks in advance for any advice on solving this one.

Gavin.

Hi gavinbrowne,
    I believe that if you are going to use ISO it needs to be mounted on virtual clone, then you can burn it to a blank disc.( and I say I believe because I don't use ISO's)
    is there a reason you want an ISO file versus the M2ts file, which can eliminate a couple of steps, also for your burn engine I would suggest that you use ImgBurn, the VSO can some times be a little unstable.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have been creating iso images as an intermediate step. Once I have the iso on hard disk I burn it to a rewritable disc to test it in my stand alone players and if it works I make a BDr copy. I am not familiar with using the other method you suggest. I suspect my use of isos harps back to the methods I used to use when making backups of DVDs.

I have succesfully backed up over 10 blurays so far using the same method including, star trek 11, Gladiator, Outlander, The Transporter, Tomb raider, Knowing, terminators 1,2,and 3, ratatouille, Iron man.

I can only assume it's something to do with the way the film is encoded.

I am trying again at the moment but this time I am removing the HD soundtrack just in case it makes any difference .

Cheers,

Gavin.

Comment

Yeah lots of people sill prefer that method, trying the HD removal might do the trick, worth a shot.
        but I would still suggest using ImgBurn over VSO, once you are ready to burn.
        good luck with that.

Comment

Just for the record remving the HD audio didn't make any difference. The video is still unwatchable.

Very Strange!

Comment

OK I do not do BD to BD but for the DVD to DVD you need to disable pathplayer for Orphan so maybe if pathplayer was disabled for the BD version it might work as well

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try disabling pathplayer and post back with the results.

Comment

Hi,

Well I tried disabling pathplayer but the video is still unwatchable.

Thanks for the idea anyway.

Comment

Orphan Blu ray

I was able to BACKUP Orphan. it gave me trouble. FIrst I ripped the Blu ray to the hard drive. then I went to make a Data disk using Roxio MEdia Creator and CHose data disk, just add the two files BDMV and Certification. THe new ROxio 2010 with Bluray add on is cable of just making a 1 to 1 copy. but if you cant affort the 50 gib blu ray, then you just go into the BDMV folder and then into the Stream folder and take out a couple of the video files. I just sort them but size desending, so you know the largest one is the movie, the next one was 1.3 gb just some commentary on the movie, delete a could other large extras scences. then it was able to fit on the 25 gb. However when i Backuped Hangover I was able to play all the preview all the MT2s files.
                  on the Hangover DVD that movie had 2 copies of the movie theatrical and uncut. removing just one of the two worked like a charm. and that copied perfect excpt if obviously you pick the movie you deleted it just jumps back to the maik menu, but in orphan when i play the movie it will not give a menu until the movie is over. then i put me to the menu! SO know i have the menu the second time. SO basically the Orphan movie I could not preview all the Mt2s files so i think they made this movie a little toguh to copy because i cant see a reason i cannot see preview all the Hnagover Mt2s files but not the Orphans i got error when i tried to just open a like 8 of the Orphans MR2s files.
                  Last edited by Complication; 12-17-2009, 02:50 PM. Reason: Forum Rule Violation: Mention of non-allowed product

Comment

thanks for the feedback and suggestions

Comment

Working...
                    X