still no way to copy full disk of Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no way to copy full disk of Warrior

I tried to back up my copy of Warrior again and it still will not play the first chapter of the movie. If I do movie only, no problem; but impossible to back up the whole disk. Correct? The disk burns "successfully" and it load fine but when you hit play the screen goes black till it plays thru chapter 1

You need to post your logs. I have backed up the Warrior to an iso and had no problem playing it. However, this does not mean you are not having a problem.

Post your logs!

Comment

Whats the advantage of using an "Iso" image? How is that different from a regular compression?

Comment

When I make a copy, I first create an ISO on my hard drive of the whole movie. I have used both clone and full disc copy (at different times) and I have not found a difference between those two choices, for my purposes. I have standardized on clone copy, lately. After the copying to my hard disk, I test it by playing the ISO on my computer to see if it works. I do not watch the whole movie. Usually, I watch a few minutes. Then, I compress to a 25 gig size, again on my hard disk. Once that is complete, I test it out. If it works, I copy it to a blu ray disc.

I hope this is of some help.

Comment

One more thing about compressing blu ray movies. It takes about 14 hours on my computer. More importantly, I usually only compress the main movie, not the whole movie. The reason is that I have found that, in my opinion and as I am the one watching the movie, that is all that counts, when the compression rate goes below 88%-85%, the quality of the final output suffers. To compress the complete blu ray disc of Warrior involes about a 50% compression rate. The main movie is only a 92% compression rate.

I am not an expert on any of this. This is just want I have found that works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnpayd View Post
            Whats the advantage of using an "Iso" image? How is that different from a regular compression?
            There is no advantage unless an application requires is like a media player or a player on your computer. An iso is a exact copy of the disc. Some media players that have a BD license will be able to play back full menu support. Instead of making a BMDV and certificate while an iso is a container so you have 1 file
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi, DiableZoe:

Thanks for this reply. I never understand the difference, so I appreciate the information.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. So I think I'll skip making an ISO copy. If I make a 50 GB clone do you think it will play or will the copy protection prevent playback of the first chapters?

Comment

I had the same problem doing full disc now iv been doing main movie haven't had one problem
                  ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                  X