Bluray playback freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray playback freezes

I'm fairly rew at this and only have a few BluRay movies, of which I've now copied for backup purposes. Tje copying seems to go fine, but the problem
    seems to be on playback in a standalong BD Player. Some of the copies will begin pausing, then become freezes somewhere about 30-45 minutes into the movie. My BD player has the latest firmware updates and I stay current on DVDFab releases.
    Some of the copies required compression to BD25. Could the issue be with the compressed copies vs the non-compressed? I rip to PC HD then if necessary, compress to same HD, then in either case, use ImgBurn as a data disk to BD25 burner. Can you tell what specific settings I should be using to prevent the freezes?
    Thanks you from a newbie to BluRay. No problems with regular DVD copies.

At what speed are you burning your BD-Rs? Usually faster speeds will be the culprit with playback freezes. Try 2X-4X. Whatever you're currently burning at, try a slower speed.

Comment

Issue with freezing

I believe one of your issues could be reading & writing to the same HD.If you have another HD try burning to that--it could solve your problem

Comment

bluray playback freezes

thanks much, yes, apparently I've been burning at the "recommended" speed but have changed that to 2x in line with my media which says 6x. I see that the recommendations are one half but there is no choice for 3x so I put it to 2x. I currently don't have a new Bluray movie to backup, but with the next one I will try at the slower speed and post another reply one way or the other.

Comment

More into

OK, here is my question regarding burning speed, in DVDFab there is a tab for "write" that includes DVD and BluRay. On the BluRay portion, there is no 3x speed, so I choose "Slowest" However, now I see that separately on ImgBurn, there is a selection for 3x, which would be exactly one half of the 6x speed noted on my Verbatim BD-R Media. As long as I select ImgBurn as my burner for BluRay, I assume that will take presidence over the DVDFab write selection? Sorry, this stuff is a bit over my head at this point, but I hope to catch on quick. Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rcholden View Post
            OK, here is my question regarding burning speed, in DVDFab there is a tab for "write" that includes DVD and BluRay. On the BluRay portion, there is no 3x speed, so I choose "Slowest" However, now I see that separately on ImgBurn, there is a selection for 3x, which would be exactly one half of the 6x speed noted on my Verbatim BD-R Media. As long as I select ImgBurn as my burner for BluRay, I assume that will take presidence over the DVDFab write selection? Sorry, this stuff is a bit over my head at this point, but I hope to catch on quick. Thanks for any advice.
            Yes, that is correct. And actually Imgburn is the preferred burning software of choice when it comes to Blu-ray.
            Last edited by SuperFist; 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X