Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best procedure to shrink a movie onto 25GB disc

Hi folks,
    I seem to run into trouble in my attempts to shrink a dual layer 50GB movie onto a 25 GB disc? Can you please lay out the steps which work best for this? I know how to use imgburn, so that part is not neccessary.

I first tried ripping it to iso(fullsize) onto the HD then using Fab to rip it again using the 25GB setting for "main Movie" under Fab Copy with no luck?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Here is the link to the tutorial:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
      Thanks but I was told to first rip the movie to the HD then shrink it in an effort to extend the life of my BD drive? If you follow the above steps doesn't the movie try and compress during the ripping process and therefore takes quite a long time?

I was hoping to avoid that and shrink the movie after its been ripped to the HD....thoughts?

Comment

Hi bigbwb
        You do not need to save it as an ISO, use the folder option instead.

First save it to your HDD as "Main Movie" BD50 without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
        Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I would suggest:
          1. copy "Full Disc" to BD50 folder output with dvdfab.miniso,
          2. use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the dvdfab.miniso,
          3. use DVDFab to open the virtual drive source,
          4. compress to BD25 or rip it to other device/format.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks folks for the two ideas. Once I have some free time I'll try the above techniques!

Comment

Working...
            X