Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 "Need new encryption key for version <4.0"??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 "Need new encryption key for version <4.0"??

Using latest beta and Imgburn, finally successfully made my first unencrypted disc for the Cinavia protected move "Columbiana". This was my first successful attempt. I have a 2 year old PS3 that has earlier version of the PS3 software, so I expected the movie would play on this <4.0 player.

To my surprise, the player displayed this message when I turned the player on

"To play this BD you must renew the encryption key. Perform a software update to renew the encryption key."

I am afraid to do the update because I assume it will update the player to a version >4.0. How do I use the older PS3 to play this disc? I see from the threads that many of you can rip a BD and play back on <4.0 player. I am a newbie for sure. Can you refer to a link or give step by step direction on how I can use DVDFab and any other tool needed to watch a disc on my big screen,please.

Phil

When DVDFab rips Cinavia encrypted BD to BD disc, my older (NOT updated v. 3+) The message given is "To play this BD you must renew the encryption key. Perform a software update to renew encryption key".

If I update won't that install latest version of PS3 system? If latest will be > v.4.0 making disc unplayable. How can I get past this conflict??
    Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM. Reason: two threads on same subject merged

I don't think there is anything you can do. Sounds like the disc (which is new), has a new encryption key on it, which the PS3 does not recognize. It is telling you to update your PS3 in order to get the new key (which in turn, would activate new Cinavia protection on your PS3).

So to sum it up

Option A: Update PS3 to new firmware, and it won't allow you to play the disc for more than 20 minutes because disc is not Cinavia protected. I'm assuming it will just mute the audio after the 20 minutes, but if I recall correctly, there are different things it can do?

Option B: Don't update PS3, don't watch new disc..

Cinavia is the Devil.

Comment

Yup, I agree. I think you're skunked.

While I don't have a PS3, what I've read leads me to believe that this recent firmware update from sony is not really optional at all.
      It is absolutely mandatory for those users outside the US an Canada who want to game on the net.
      (maybe this is the case in the US now too???).

I'd opt for buying a BD player....pretty inexpensive and still decent these days.
      Dump the PS3 for BD's.
      You're going to run into a lot more of these "troublesome" BD's in the future...thanks to sony

Sony really is the devil
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yep, dump the PS3's and if you feel inclined, dump everything else that has the Sony name on it --- I have.....

Comment

Will a NON-SONY BD Player play DVDFab ripped Cinavia disc

Thanks for your feedback. I will use different brand to watch monies!!!

Am I correct in believing that the ripped BD disc created by DVDFab will play in any BD player OR should I buy certain brand players only?

What do you recommend?

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by whaleshark View Post
            yep, dump the ps3's and if you feel inclined, dump everything else that has the sony name on it --- i have.....
            me tooo

Comment

Originally posted by PRPluta View Post
              Thanks for your feedback. I will use different brand to watch monies!!!

Am I correct in believing that the ripped BD disc created by DVDFab will play in any BD player OR should I buy certain brand players only?

What do you recommend?

Phil
              Most Blu-ray players are Cinavia free. There is a list floating around this website (I thought?) or online, with players that are infected with Cinavia. As you can imagine, all Sony BD players are infected, so stay away.

Comment

Bd player

Go to best buy Dynex. They are not infected but you can get a media player for same price a bought a wd hd media player off ebay for 39.99 it plays everything g I throw at it and don't have to worry bout cinavia :-)
                ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                X