Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D copies say "Successful Completion" but won't playback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D copies say "Successful Completion" but won't playback.

I am still having issues playing back Blu-Ray 3D movies copied with Blu-ray Copy.

I have tried both copying straight to disk and also to my hard drive and then to a disk. Both methods give me successful completion messages but when I try to play them back in my Panasonic DMP BDT310 player they will not play. I have tried using both the DVDFab internal burn engine and also Imgburn (which I prefer), with the same results.

The player recognizes the disk(s) as HD 3D and goes to the main menu but when you select to play the movie it just stops. I have tried 4 different movies and get the same result on each. It plays just fine up to the menu, but then nothing.

I am using Memorex BD 25 disks and making lots of coasters.

If it's a compatibility issue with the player, I'd be willing to replace it but I need to know which player is guaranteed to work that has 2 HDMI outputs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi! I do not know what the problem is. However, you should post your logs. There should not be a compatibility problem. It is something else that is going on. Have you tried playing the disc you created on your computer; does it play correctly?

Also, you should invest in one or two read-write (re) blu-ray discs to avoid making coasters. First burn to your re and if all is well, then burn to the final disc.

Regardless, post your logs.

Comment

Freeze

Try doing main movie had tht problem wit puss in boots. When i did main movie it played beautiful
      ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Tried that with no luck!

I tried doing just Main Movie, which, by the way only allows you to do a SBS 3D and not a frame sequential 3D like the Full Disk option, but after 2 1/2 hours it had not progressed past 0.82 percent.

I then tried the Full Disk option but selected SBS 3D and after 2 1/2 hours it also had not progressed past 0.82 percent.

I have only been getting successful messages after using the Blu-ray 3D option, although those disks won't play. Perhaps the fact that I can only get to 0.82 percent on an SBS 3D is an indication that the regular 3D option is not actually working.

The most recent disk I was working with is "Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides" and I have attached the log file this time in hopes that it will tell you something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

BB
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a log file for a disk that completed successful but won't play

I have attached a log file for a disk (same disk, Pirates...) that says successful but the disk won't play past the menu.

Let me know if this tells you anything that I can adjust to make it work.

Thanks.

BB
          Attached Files

Comment

1. Blu-ray 3D BD25 backup is still in beta stage, we will release a new beta version in next week, please wait.

2. For Blu-ray SBS 3D freeze problem, we will check it asap.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Excellent!

I'll wait on the next release and give it a try. The current beta doesn't report any errors on the Blu-Ray 3D BD25 backup option and plays fine up to the menu but stops after that (same behavior on several different movies).

If I can be of any more help in researching either the Blu-ray 3D BD25 backup or the Blu-ray SBS 3D freeze problem, I'd be more than happy to help. We all have a vested interest in moving the product forward.

The DVD and standard Blu-Ray copy options are flawless!

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, rbassett2

1. For the 3D full disc bd25 copy, please check the disc that have the ssif files in it.
                BDMV\STREAM\SSIF

2. For the SBS 3D freeze issue, please update to the latest build 8187, set Software as decoder & encoder and disable Lightning-Recoding.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

SSIF folder is empty

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the tip on the SSIF files. I checked the BDMV\STREAM\SSIF folder that is on my hard drive, after running the copy process, and found that it is empty.

Obviously, I can't help with why these files did not copy, but at least identifying the problem is the first step towards resolving the issue. If there is anything else that I can help with, I'd be happy to.

I will download the new beta tonight and try both the regular 3D option and the SBS 3D option again.

If I find that the SSIF folder is still empty on the latest beta, I'll let you know. I can do that on the hard drive without burning it to disk.

I'll also see if my freeze problem has been addressed in the SBS 3D option.

You guys are doing an awesome job!

Thanks very much.

Comment

Process failed.

Hi Wilson,

I downloaded and installed the new beta as you suggested. I also set all 3 video decoders to Software and the video encoder to Software and also disabled the lightning recoding.

Then I tried the regular 3D copy process and this time I received a "process failed" message. There are AVCHD files in the BDMV\STREAM folder but this time there is no BDMV\STREAM\SSIF folder at all (so obviously no files in it).

I have attached the log files for your review.

I will now try the SBS 3D copy process just to see if the freeze issue has been resolved and I can get a copy using this method. I'll let you know how it turns out.

BB
                    Attached Files

Comment

SBS 3D Process failed

Hi Wilson,

I tried the Main Movie process with SBS 3D option and also received a process failed message.

Actually, the regular 3D process went farther than the SBS 3D did with the new beta.

I have attached my log files for this attempt, for you to review.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can try and anything else that I can do to assist.

Thanks

BB
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, rbassett2

For compress full 3D to bd25, please wait a new build.

DVDFab 8.1.8.7 (2012/06/11 19:05:54):
                        0m 16.25s: info: processing source(00167.ssif)
                        0m 57.72s: info: group(elem[atomic[00167.ssif]]) playtime(8183842 ms) source(45202 MB) request(22770 MB) real(561 MB) bitrate(14340 kbps)
                        0m 57.76s: compress finished: groups request(22770 MB, 22770 MB) real(561 MB) average_bitrate(14340 kbps)
                        0m 58.52s: user cancelled
                        For converter main movie to SBS 3D, from log file under "DVDFab 8.1.8.7 (2012/06/11 19:05:54)", the 504 error is not happened every time.
                        Please try it again!

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Tried several times, with no luck

FYI,

I have retried the SBS process several times and each time I get the same result.

Failure.

BB

Comment

Working...
                          X