Too large for BD50 after copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too large for BD50 after copy

I paid my 60$ for DVDfab Bluray Copy. Reason is because of the way it can remove cinavia from the audio.

I have a .iso file that I burned the other day and sure enough, it went mute after 20 mins. I burned it to a BD50 disk with the image being somewhere a little over 48 Gigs. That's the one I got the cinavia error on.

So I ran the .iso through Bluray Copy (Copy as 3D). I output it to a .iso file. I then used Image Burn to try to burn the new .iso to a BD50 and it says it's too large. what the heck?

I noticed that when I did copy the .iso file, I was never given an option to check a box to remove the cinavia. Is this done automatically?

I know that it only works on firmware that is newer than 4.11 on PS3. I have a modded PS3 on CFW 3.55, so it should work IF I can get cinavia figured out.

Thanks.

Knox

I converted another movie this morning. It too grew by about a gigabyte after the conversion process. What gives?? Are there any ways to correct this?

Comment

Really? Spend 60$ on a key and no support. That's a great way to drum up some positive feedback!

Comment

The developers are in China so allow for the time difference and lose the attitude someone will be along to address your issue.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes.. the product is decent. You just have to be patient for support. Sometimes fixes are required depending on situation and it may not make it until future beta versions. Normally you do not have next day answers.

Also, most of the time you will find that if you are asking for help on a backup that you will be asked to post the 2-3 log files that are generated. (Found in your My Documents under DVD Fab, I believe)

Comment

Hi Knoxville,
            "Create Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <= 4.0" can be checked only when you do BD Copy from a real Cinavia Protected disc to burn a BD disc. So please update your fab to the latest release and then use the original disc to try it again. Wish it helps.

Comment

I believe I am at the latest version of DVDfab but I'll double check this evening and update if not.

I have .iso files, not original disks.

I could mount the image in a virtual drive. Will this work the same as loading the original disk in a bluray drive?

Sorry for the attitude that bubbled to the top of my last post. I've been fighting this for 3 days now and I'm getting a little OCD.

I have a PS3 at 3.55 cfw and a ps3 at 4.11 ofw. I might not be able to take advantage of this anyways, but I dang sure will try. 3.55 cfw will support older 3D stereotropic blurays but not the newer ones. Confirmed with Avatar.

Comment

My own experience with DVDFAB and cinavia is that you have to have the original disc for DVDFAB to deal with the cinavia copy protection. An iso copy, no matter what it is load into, will not work.

DVDFAC only detects the cinavia from the orginial disc. Thus, the problem is not with DVDFAB, but with the fact that you are using a copy of the disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoxville View Post
                  I believe I am at the latest version of DVDfab but I'll double check this evening and update if not.

I have .iso files, not original disks.

I could mount the image in a virtual drive. Will this work the same as loading the original disk in a bluray drive?

Sorry for the attitude that bubbled to the top of my last post. I've been fighting this for 3 days now and I'm getting a little OCD.

I have a PS3 at 3.55 cfw and a ps3 at 4.11 ofw. I might not be able to take advantage of this anyways, but I dang sure will try. 3.55 cfw will support older 3D stereotropic blurays but not the newer ones. Confirmed with Avatar.
                  ISO is an exact copy of the OG disc, some studios use the technic of making the disc bigger then it really is, an ISO sees exactly what's on the disc. I think Fox studios does this. Take the ISO and make a full disc backup and check the results
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

It doesn't matter how iso is made. Origiinal disc has one vital piece of information needed to create BDMV-REC, which is not image.

Also it is doesn't matter if iso file or any other image file, it simply won't have it.
                    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Knoxville View Post
                      I paid my 60$ for DVDfab Bluray Copy. Reason is because of the way it can remove cinavia from the audio.

I have a .iso file that I burned the other day and sure enough, it went mute after 20 mins. I burned it to a BD50 disk with the image being somewhere a little over 48 Gigs. That's the one I got the cinavia error on.

So I ran the .iso through Bluray Copy (Copy as 3D). I output it to a .iso file. I then used Image Burn to try to burn the new .iso to a BD50 and it says it's too large. what the heck?

I noticed that when I did copy the .iso file, I was never given an option to check a box to remove the cinavia. Is this done automatically?

I know that it only works on firmware that is newer than 4.11 on PS3. I have a modded PS3 on CFW 3.55, so it should work IF I can get cinavia figured out.

Thanks.

Knox
                      I'm getting a bit confused here. The software is intended to back up OG discs that you own. I would be carefull how you word your posts. To disable Cinavia you need the OG disc to make a BMDV REC. the file being too large as I said is a trick some of the studios use, if you break down the files in the BMDV folder you will see that it's under the writable criteria for a 50 gb disc. When you make an ISO you get a 1-1 copy of the entire disc!
                      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X