This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista 64 Bit problem Main Movie compression

Is this my set up or a known fault? I am using 6205 on Vista 64 system.
    Copying a 50 gig whole disc to hard drive is fine
    Taking Main Movie only from a 25 gig disc is fine.

However..
    Trying to compress a main movie file from BD50 to BD25 causes the programme to crash - it seems to write the stream OK, but doesn't make up all the other folders / stuff that my BD player needs to play the movie. It has happened on 5 discs and each time I sent the error message that came up.

However..
    I have dual boot system, and if I access the written 50 gig HD file via Windows XP 32 bit, it will compress successfully the Main movie to BD25. I am assuming that this would also work fine directly from the disc but I haven't tried it yet as I've only had time to access the BD50 files I made on my computer.

Is this a known error or am I doing something / have a setting wrong on my Vista 64?

Thanks
    Philip

Try slowing down your burn rate

Comment

Burn rate

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear - I'm not burning directly to disc, I'm writing the files to a Hard drive. The same computer has both Vista & XP on it (dual boot), so all hardware is identical.

The final files are written to BD-R via Nero with no problems.

Comment

Could it be something like GPU accelleration enabled in Vista and not in the XP config?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X