Still making coasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still making coasters

I posted a few months back when I first purchased my pioneer bdr xd04. I was making coasters when I first got set up. I was using the verbatim bd-r and I thought maybe that was the problem. I recently purchased the digistor bd-r discs. I dont have an external hdd yet, so I created a partition. The process I started to use was blu ray copy @50g to the temp folder. Then compress to 25 to my partition. The initial copy was only 20 minutes or so but the compression is taking forever. I have to do it this way because I dont have enough room on the partition for the 50g copy and the new conversion. Can someone please tell me what Im doing wrong. I know I need to post a log. If the conversion continues to take all night, I will cancel and post the log. I also checked my setting in the option menu and everything is set as recommended. I regularly clean my system files and do a defrag.

Hi chrisb
    You could try the latest version found here

Yes, please post your log, in-case you forgot the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I may have spoke too soon. I successfully made a copy last night. The process still took six hours or more.

I copied the full movie to my hdd C drive. That was pretty fast it only took 30 minutes or so. I copied it to my c drive and not my partition though.

I then converted from 50 to 25 to my partition. This took six hours to complete. I wasnt sure if I should copy the disk to the partition and then compress back to C drive. I dont have enough room on the partition to do both. I will be buying an external hdd this weekend, but for now how can I cut this time down.

Finally, I burned from my D drive with image burn and that took around 45 minutes. I finally made a copy.

When I would compress and burn using dvd fab it failed every time. I would always get error 116. I have slowed my burn speed down to 2x and that may fix the problem, but this last time I used image burn to see if it would work. Fortunatley it did.

Please let me know if there is any way to make the process faster. Ive read guys are burning after compression in two hours or so. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X