This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxell BD-R 25 gig single layer falsely recognized as a dual layer

Through use of all versions of Blu-Ray DvdFab Plus, when I go to write mode and insert my Maxell (I think is actually made by Riatek) BD-R single layer 25 gig blank disk, I get a message window saying that I have inserted a dual layer disc, but that I only need a single layer, and do I want to continue. I click yes, and it works fine, but I do not understand why it is doing this. Upon Fengtao suggestion I went through the steps to completely take DvdFab off my computer and then do a fresh install, but this had no effect. I still get the same error message. Has anyone else experienced this with this media or any other BD-R Media? Any other suggestions for a fix?

HP Quad Core 2.3 gig
    8 gig ram
    LG BU08LS20 Blu Ray Burner
    Nvidia 9500 512 mg video card
    2 western digital 750 gig internal drives

Check your writable media size for Blu-ray BD25, the default should be 23,700mb. I'm guessing it works because of an overburn feature added to Fab.

Comment

Single Layer Maxell BD-R falsely recognized as dual layer BD-R

Yes, the default 23,700 is set. It was doing this same thing before the overwrite feature was added. I have even, to be safe, cut back the size to 23,145 and cut out overburn. It still thinks it is dual layer (50gig) disc. I wonder what would happen if I really put a dual layer BD-R in there, would it read as a single layer??? Again, I do not understand why it is doing this. Other programs that I have on the machine that recognize blu-ray see it as a single layer disc, so it must be the software.
      BigBadDawg

Comment

Working...
      X