This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD25 actual size

I use Memerox bd-25 ... I have seen someone write that you should use 23.7 gb as your standard, why is this? what is the max space? How do I change or check this in Dvdfab, haven't searched myself too thoroughly so could very simple... I had Harry Potter somewhere around 23.x gigs and it wanted to compress to go down to 23.1 which i'm thinking that's nuts b/c it take my computer all day to compress (Seiously, all day 24 hours). i'm trying something now, but wanted to see what responses i get and in about 5 mins i'll start looking around myself (copying something right now)

thanks
    greg

Just checked main movie compression for Harry Potter to BD-25 is 23.946 --> 23.145 ... that doesn't look like 23.7 gb which I did find easily... if I find a way to clone this or image file this will this fit on a bd-25?

Comment

23.7 is suggested because it prevents the burn from going to the very edge of the BD and that's where most errors will be found or damaged in case of 'rough handling'. Exact size of a 25gb, easiest way is to open ImgBurn and it will report that.

Comment

Max size of BD-R is: 26252 MB, or 23.64 GB.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Am faced with this same problem for Harry Potter movie only size being too large for "25G" BD-R. Has anyone found a way to back up/burn Harry Potter "Movie Only"?

Comment

Update, when I used ImgBurn to burn the .iso from my HD, I tried forcing the burn beyond all "warning messages" of media not large enough. At the end of the burn, it showed burn unsuccessful and spit the disc out. I then re-inserted the disc and was given the option to close the disc. I chose yes and still got an error message saying the burn was unsuccessful.

However, when put into my Panasonic BD60, it did play with the exception of the last minute or two missing from the ending credits.

Total captured on BlueRay Verbatim BD-R, 2 hrs 28 minutes 58 seconds.

Comment

the last minute or two missing from the ending credits.
              This is what happens when you burn to the margins,you were lucky, you could have lost more than just a few minutes, which is the same as making a coasters.

if compression takes to long on your rig, then I would suggest you consider using Tsmuxer to bring it to a size large enough to fit entirely on the disk, it is also a good way to down convert from True-HD.

just my thoughts

Comment

Working...
              X