Blu Ray copy stops but doesn't freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray copy stops but doesn't freeze

I've had this problem periodically. While in the rip phase of a copy, DVDFab will just stop. It will rip to a certain point and then progress stops (say at 16.4% for the disc I'm trying today) and the rip speed drops from say 1.3MB/s to a point where it reaches 0. At the same time, the Task Time Left increases to large numbers like 18 hours. Once the rip speed gets to 0, that indicator disappears and Task Time Left goes to 00:00:00

When this happens, foe a given disc it will repeat at the exact time in the process. For example, today I have tried the third disc in a 5 disc set 4 times (the first 2 copied fine). This one stalls at 16.4% every time. I have deleted the target directory on my hard drive before repeating and tried to run the copy without HD audio.

PC runs win 7 64 with SP1 and all updates. Blu-Ray drive is an external LG BE12LU30 And I've tried both USB and sata connections. Firmware is most current.

Help appreciated. Have also seen this on a half dozen other discs and they each fail at the same spot for each disc (might be 72.4% for one, 92.7% for another but same spot for each one).

TIA for advice on how to resolve.

Have you inspected, cleaned and polished the disks?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi ChazinCT,
      Please use BD Copy Clone to copy the disc to hd and then compress it to what you want. Have a try of Disable all GPU for codecs and unselect Lighting-Recoding in Common Settings->General->A/V Codec.
      If it repeat, post the internal log. Thanks.

Comment

I removed and re-installed DVDFab and disabled the GPU Codec and Lighting-Recoding options.

Once again, the disc copy failed at the same spot. Log is attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi ChazinCT,
          Give a try about the new release 8198. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X