Analysis incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analysis incomplete

8196 does not always show the file size for full disk or main menu while 8187 QT shows it correctly.

Attached are two images from a BD copy of Gantz. I used 8187 and 8196. Note that 8187 shows the file size but 8196 does not.

I can understand showing Not Applicable (N/A) if the file fits on the desired blank disk. Clearly, it does not and must be compressed from %62 to fit on BD-25. On the 8196, changing the selection to DVD-9, etc, still showed N/A for the file size.

I cloned the disk and and then extracted the main movie from the cloaned image. The correct file size was shown. It does not appear that a "scan" is being done on the BD when it is inserted. The "scan" is done on the cloned image.

I tried Gantz-II Perfect Answer on another computer runnin 8196 and the same problem: The file size was not shown for main movie or full disk.
    Attached Files

Hi BeemerBiker,
    How about other discs in 8196? Do not have Gantz, so I test other discs(HOW_TO_TRAIN_YOUR_DRAGON and so on). They are OK here.
    What's more, it does not effect the use of BD copy. It wil do the analyzing when starting the copy. Thanks.

Comment

Something is missing in 8196 that comes with 8187. I just re-installed 8187 and put it into a different directory than 8196 so it would not overwrite 8196.

Now, when I run 8196, the BD Gantz shows the size and % of the main movie like it is supposed to.

I then uninstalled 8187 and rebooted. When I bring up 8196, Gantz no longer shows the size and %.

I put in Firefly, season 1 disk 1 Blu Ray and same problem: No size is shown for main movie but I do get a size for full disk. When I switch back to main movie, the size disappears.

[EDIT] I made sure I was running the correct shortcut when I reinstalled 8187. ie: 8196 was really run and not the just installed 8187.

[EDIT-2] 8197 has the same problem: Main movie size is not displayed, only the Full Disk shows the size and %
      Last edited by BeemerBiker; 07-26-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Was unable to edit my previous post as I waited too long.

[EDIT-3] I just had DVDFab 8196 (not the system with 8197 in it) crash on Firefly while I had "main movie" selected. I submitted the error and allowed DVDFab to restart. When it restarted, the Scan commenced and the main movie size was shown for the first time. Apparently, if you wait long enough, something times out, crashes, and when 8196 restarts the scan is able to run and 8196 does show the main movie size.

What I did: I started 8196 and then inserted Firefly Season 1 Disk 1. Main movie showed up as the selection as it was selected previously. I did not do anything other than make a mental note that the size was not shown. I just left 8196 up on the monitor and never clicked on anything. After about 2 minutes I got that error reporting popup and windows reported a program crash. I did the submit and allowed restart and the next thing I knew the "scan" started for the first time and the size was shown.
        Last edited by BeemerBiker; 07-26-2012, 02:05 PM. Reason: more detail about how it happened

Comment

Working...
        X