upgrading graphics card and Intel quick sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading graphics card and Intel quick sync

Hi, I have recently for the first time built a new computer, Intel i7 3770 (not K), Asus P8Z77-v pro, windows 7, 16 GB of Ram, 2GB Nvidia GT440, 120 GB ssd, 2TB HDD, I use dvdfab bluray copy to backup my blurays to either 25GB discs or to HDD folders with no compression (lately I have mainly been watching movies on my pc which is connected to my HDTV).

I am thinking of upgrading my graphics card to a pcie 3.0 graphics card because I have the pcie 3.0 slots on the P8Z77-v pro motherboard and the ivy bridge cpu that supports it, so would a pcie 3.0 graphics card like the Nvidia 2GB GTX 670 improve the quality of the backed up copies (either compressed 25gb discs or uncompressed files on pc), also would it help improve the quality of the playback of bluray files on my pc to my HDTV(I have been using the dvdfab media player), or would a pcie 2.0 graphics card like the 2gb GTX 560 graphics card give the same improved results or are those sort of graphics cards only beneficial for gaming pc's (I am not a gamer), if so then should I just keep the 2GB Nvidia GT440.

Also I have read on the dvdfab forum that I should use Intel quick sync, I tried to use it before I installed the Lucid virtu mpv driver and it was going to take 7 hours to compress a movie to 25gb disc, after I installed the lucid virtu mpv on my computer and tried to change the settings in dvdfab from cuda to intel quick sync it said that my graphics card did not support Intel quick sync (I do get very good quality using cuda anyway) would getting a better graphics card also give me the option of using Intel quick sync.

Any advise, recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Are you talking about improving the quality of the backups or the speed of the backups? As far as I know, the quality will not be affected by changing video cards. However, the speed will be. How much is hard to say. You have to try it out.

I cannot help with Intel Quick Sync as I have not tried it, yet. Hopefully, someone else will chime in on this and if I am wrong about the video card info, correct me.

--bob

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, I wanted to know if either the quality or the speed would be affected, but mainly I am trying to find out if the benefits of upgrading to a pcie 3.0 graphics card are greater than upgrading to a better pcie 2.0 graphics card or will the benefits be the same for both pcie 2.0 and pcie 3.0

Comment

This video card benchmark may help you out as far as narrowing down performance vs dollar value...

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Comment

Hi rob1976
          Here is also a thread that might help with your decision http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18070
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the replies, if there is a problem with the new 600 series graphics cards that support pcie 3.0 then I think I will upgrade to a better pcie 2.0 graphics card like the gtx560 or 570, thanks for the help.

Comment

From my own experience I'd say stick with a 5xx card, or even your old one, it barely makes a difference to CUDA acceleration

Comment

Working...
              X