Blu Ray copy freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray copy freezes

Ive been burning for the last few weeks using digistor bd-r 25g discs. I thought everything was great then I started to notice the copy would freeze for 1-2 seconds a few times throughout the movie while playing in my blu ray player. I tried other players and had the same result.

I started to do some reading here on the forum and the only advice I found was to slow burn times or try a different brand bd-r.

I double checked all my settings. Gpu is selected video encoder/decoder all set to software and lightning record is off. I use image burn as my burn engine and double checked aws and burn speed. Im burning at 3x, so I set it to 2x. Ill see if that helps.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue or successfully resolved it. I have a slower and somewhat older system. Should I disable antivirus or maybe cancel a process? I try to have everything off while compressing or burning. One thing I have not done is make an iso file and preview with the viewer. I can try that as well.
    Attached Files

I see there is a new release out. It says it fixes freezing. Ill give that a try.

Comment

Hi chrisb
      From your logs ImgBurn actually burned at 2x
      W 22:41:11 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 13,487 KB/s (3x), Got: 8,990 KB/s (2x)
      W 22:41:11 The drive only supports writing these discs at 2x, 4x, 6x.

You may try 4x or even a different brand of media.
      Your drive also has a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...120EU.EXE.html

NOTE: if you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR, thanks for the firmware update. I got it loaded and Im good to go. I did see the speed discrepancies in the log prior to posting so I went lower rather than higher. With your recommendation I increased it to 4x. I will give it a try and see what happens. I will consider changing media as well. Thanks for your help

Comment

sale at Newegg

If you are interested in changing media, there is a great sale at Newegg for a 10 pack of Verbatim BD-R 6X media ($8.79)

Use Newegg coupon code EMCNCHD236 during checkout. Newegg has this Verbatim 25GB 6X BD-R 10-Pack Spindle for $10.99 after instant savings. Shipping is free. Apply the coupon code to drop the price down to $8.79. These discs come with a lifetime warranty.

Comment

thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just ordered a few spindles. Thats a great deal.

Comment

FWIW, I use the VSO engine and burn at the speed the media is rated at. My burner is an LG and everything works as it should (rip full disc to HD and then burn main movie from HD). I've never had a coaster with this media and this procedure.

Comment

Hi chrisb
                You could try a burn, but I would not want you to waste a disc.
                That's good that you updated your firmware, they do this sometimes to make it more compatible with media that may fail with the older firmware.

Wish ya luck
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I wanted to check back in with my issue. I have since upgraded to 8.2.0.0 and I switched media to the verbatim 25g 97238 discs. I burned a copy of safe house. I have nothing but issues burning this disc. I thought I would try again with the changes and I got the same result. The copy completely stops on the last scene.

I have an older/slower system and my norton would keep doing back ups. I dont know if this was the problem but I finally disabled it and turned off virus scan completely. I will try again now that this is off.

I also selected enable full scan. Will this catch any errors? Its taking forever to scan the file. It will be worth it if it eliminates any playback issues.

I finally deleted the safe house file and I will re copy to hdd. Maybe there was something with the disc. I dont know if the little preview window picks up any errors, but when I play the preview the audio at the end would get real distorted. The last scene or so seems choppy, so maybe it was the original data.
                  Last edited by chrisb; 08-07-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

here is the log
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by chrisb; 08-07-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X