Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying a movie with Cinavia

I've always had issues with this...

What I do with all my movies, is do a Full Disc ISO copy. Then from there, I can do whatever I want (use the ISO to burn to disc, or just load the ISO etc).

With Cinavia, if I want to burn it to disc to play on my ps3 ( < 4.1 ), I have to have the Cinavia protection when I rip it to the ISO.

From what I can tell, this just isn't possible with BD Copy, but it is possible with passkey. Is there any reason this basic BD copy functionality isn't included in BD Copy also? I mean, isn't that what BD Copy should do? Copy a BD...

I've looked at what passkey can do, and I wouldn't use any of it, except when I need to copy and BD Copy can't do it. I'd rather not pay ( $60-$130 ) for passkey to "fix" BD Copy with Cinavia.

I used to direct everyone here that needed any software to handle movies, but it seems like in the past year or 2, every new feature is becoming it's own subscription, even when it really should be incorporated into existing products.

Am I completely off my rocker here RE: BD Copy unable to copy with Cinavia? Or do I have a valid concern?

Thanks,
    -Kannkor

You need to Clone your Blu-Ray disc. That is an exact 1 to 1 copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
      I'm almost positive I've tried that, it still removes the protection, in which I was directed to use passkey...

Here's the thread I was thinking of in my head.

Which is 3D Cinavia, which is a bit rare for me (don't do much 3D).
      But ultimately does fall into the same category as this.

I'll give clone another try and see how it works (on a 2D, since I know 3D didn't work).

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
        Just cloned it now, and then loaded the ISO, there is no longer an option for BDMV-REC to disable Cinavia. So Cloning doesn't work, it still removes the protection.

Comment

Working...
        X