DTS-MA being converted to DTS 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTS-MA being converted to DTS 5.1

I'm going BR to ISO, totally uncompressed, and yet it still is converting DTS-MA to DTS 5.1. There is no option to "uncheck" Convert to AC3 and maintain the full audio.

I'm trying to make my BluRay library accessible across the house using PowerDVD12.

Tried with a number of discs, including The Artist, M:i Ghost Protocol and Dark Knight.

On one attempt -- The Artist, going to folders rather than ISO -- my receiver did show DTS-MA, but when I selected "Show Information" on PowerDVD, it showed regular DTS. The rest all resulted in standard DTS.

How can I copy BR and maintain full HD audio?

Have you checked the files on the ISO with MediaInfo rather than relying on PowerDVD which is known to have bugs?

Try one of the other problem children to folders and see the result also.

The convert to AC-3 shouldn't cause a problem. That results in a Dolby Digital Audio, not DTS.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

PowerDVD 12 is okay but it can't hold a candle to Media Player Classic Home Cinema or MPC-HC! Try it and thank me later!

Comment

will give it a whirl.
        But PowerDVD 12 was showing DTS in the "Show info" and so was my reciever (onkyo 709).

I know the DTS-MA was recorded, though. When PowerDVD does the decoding, it show DTS-MA, but only plays back in stereo. When I have it output, unprocessed, to the receiver, it outputs DTS 5.1, per the "show info" and the dashboard on the receiver.

Comment

Working...
        X