• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing

Hi I'm using 8.1.7.8 it seems stable not having no issues
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Installed version 8.1.7.8.. Stopped copy at 11% . copied only 2.5 GB in main movie file.

Comment

Gigbabyte MB , intel Cpu Quad 9550 ,2.8hz,4GB ram, ge-force 520 video card, I tried older versions of fab with no luck. all blu-ray disk stop copying at about 11%. The mb/s decrease to '0' and the task time goes up till it at '00' '00' '00'. It doesn't seem to want to compress to bd25 . when I check Main Movie folder there is only about 2.5gb copied. Something is stopping compression. when fab was working I played the disk on my big screen. 120" going through a DVDo at1080p on a Nec 1352. Have no problems cloning, just cant get main movie to 25bd. Thanks for the help

Comment

Using clone, cpu usage is 25%. main movie 25bd cpu usage 90 to 100%

Comment

Hi osker,

Please choose "Disabel all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" in "Settings -> A/V codecs" to see the result.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

That is were I have it set. GPU disabled. I changed to a different burner . Same results , stops coping at 11% and main movie folder has only 2.7gb copied.

Comment

Freezing

On main movie are you letting Fab pick the tittle ? What movie is this

Comment

yes, movie is Ransom . I tried other movies and it the same. Stop copying at about 11% Going to try Sherlock Homes.
                  Last edited by osker; 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Sherlock Holmes, blu-ray main movie copy and burn OK, That because it was small enough to fit on bd25 without being compressed. need to figure out what is causing the compression problem.

Comment

I was pulling my hair out with the same similar issue. Burner did not burn blue rays... but could still read them. Could also still read/write regular dvd's. I finally gave up, and bought a new BR burner, and now use my old one as a reader. That way has worked great.. I think the blue ray "laser" may have burned out to write on the old burner. Thats all I could come up with, but just repalcing it, worked.. Newegg has such great prices, that it almost isn't worth all the agg... Just buy new and move on.... Also saved the few hairs I have left....

Another idea may be to try an older version. Try 8.1.8.5.. not a QT version, and really was the last version without issues........
                      "Are you still master of your domain?"
                      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
                        Another idea may be to try an older version. Try 8.1.8.5.. not a QT version, and really was the last version without issues........
                        An excellent idea.
                        A slight correction...the version is actually v.8.0.8.5 and is still an available download here on the forum.
                        Here's an older post of mine that may help:

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Well, based on your needs, installing and running and older, more stable version costs you nothing in terms of any extra work apart from the actual, one-time installation.
                        Additionally, it is certain to work unless you have a very unique problem.

While CCleaner is a reliable and safe app, the uninstall process may or may not fix the issue.
                        It'll cost you a little time is all.

I've done both plenty of times.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably just run the old app.
                        Like many old-timers, I have about 7-8 versions installed and ready.

v.8085 is still available for download from Fengtao:

Just look beneath Download Now for the link
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Finally found the cause of bd25 stopping at around 11%. Copied and burned two movies with no problems.

Comment

The fix

What was the cause ?

Comment

The way I narrowed it down. I loaded Fab and soft ware on Four computers I have. Copy stopped on two and worked on the two older ones. The main difference between the computers was the Virus software. Two that fab worked on had Mcafee and the others Bitdefender. I Uninstalled Bitdefender and installed Mcafee and then fab worked! Reinstalled Bitdefender and the stopping was back. something in Bitdefender is stopping the file compression. So anyone with this problem should consider that there virus protection could be causing the problem.

Comment

Glad you found the problem, now get burning...
                                CBR929
                                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X