Imgburn only allows 2X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imgburn only allows 2X

I created a thread a week or so ago stating some problems with freezing on my copies, so cbr had me update my firmware for my burner. Initially everything was great but I ran out of my digistor discs. It was also suggested that I try new media so I ordered the verbatim bd-r 97238. I finally received my new verbatims in the mail and tried to copy and received a fail on imgburn for writing sectors. I looked at the log and saw the speed was recommended for 2X. I had it set for AWS 4X. I set my speed to 2X and burned a disc no problem.

My question is why can I only burn at 2X. Imgburn used to give me recommended speeds for 2X,4X, and 6X. Now all it shows is 2X.

The Imgburn forum says its my firmware but ive burned at 4X after the upgrade. I also got a new spindle of digistors and I get the same result. I can only burn at 2X when I know I had several choices before.

Lastly my buffers are maxing out at 100% all the time where before they would fluctuate between 80-100 throughout the burn. I made sure nothing extra was running in the background. At least nothing different than before
    Attached Files

If the media code is the same on the old and new discs, then the firmware developer in the new version only allows 2x for that media code.

so cbr had me update my firmware for my burner.
    ImgBurn only reads from the firmware the supported write speeds for an actual media id and doesn't make it up by itself.

Comment

Hi chrisb
      If the media code is different on your new discs then you will need to set up the AWS in ImgBurn to the new media.

I have ImgBurn set up to burn at 5 different speeds for the media that I use.

Your log is strange, showing different speeds for the same MID
      I 17:23:45 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000)
      I 17:23:45 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2x

I 17:25:38 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000)
      I 17:25:38 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x

The first disc only shows 2x and your second shows 2x,4x,6x, but I would still only burn these at 4x.
      CBR929
      Last edited by CBR929; 08-06-2012, 02:25 AM.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
      X