No audio from backup Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio from backup Blu-Ray

Hi, with my BD Player (LG BD 390) i got in bundle 3 BD. Because my child is a little monster i tried to made a backup with dvd fab 6.2.1.0.
    The video is awesone but i can't hear any sound from the backup discs.
    The strange thing is that with the Pc the sound is present and perfect (i have Win7 and used media player classic).

BD are: Indipendence Day and I Robot (same collection, 20th century fox, BD-R+ protection).
    I cutted the original english DTS HD Master Audio and i leaved only the italian in 5.1 DTS.

Of course the player works great with all other BD and DVD.
    I have the BD linked with the ampli via coaxial (pass through) and to the tv via hdmi (pcm 2 ch). None of the both works.

Help ...
    [My Pc] Case: Antec Twelve Hundred, Cpu: Intel Core i7 - 860, M/b: Asus P7P55D, Ram: 2 x 2 Gb Patriot DDR3 1600 Low Latency, Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5770 1 Gb GDDR5, Power: Corsair 620 HX, Hard-Disks: 320Gb WD RE3 Sata-II + 1 Tb WD Green Ed. Sata-II, OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
    Licensed Customer from January 2008.

Of course the player works great with all other BD and DVD
    Other Blu-ray's play back that also have DTS audio tracks? BD+ is also still in beta and some users are having mixed results.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Other Blu-ray's play back that also have DTS audio tracks? BD+ is also still in beta and some users are having mixed results.
      Yes, i can listin all audio tracks with the BD390, dd, dts, dts hd, etc. (and i can listen it with the same disc in the original version)
      With the backup I have ripped off the track n.1 (the english dts hd master audio) and i have only flagged and mantained the track n.2 (italian dts).

Now i try to flag and mantain both tracks, maybe is a "bug" or a problem to keep only the tracks n.2...
      [My Pc] Case: Antec Twelve Hundred, Cpu: Intel Core i7 - 860, M/b: Asus P7P55D, Ram: 2 x 2 Gb Patriot DDR3 1600 Low Latency, Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5770 1 Gb GDDR5, Power: Corsair 620 HX, Hard-Disks: 320Gb WD RE3 Sata-II + 1 Tb WD Green Ed. Sata-II, OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Comment

update:
        no result
        I tried flagging and leaving the 1st (english) and the 2nd (italian) dts audio tracks but is the same.
        All good with pc (media player classic) but none from the lg bd 390.
        I tried also flagging the 'remove hd audio'.

We have to wait for another version to enhance compatibility with bd-r+ ?

Comment

Originally posted by diemme75 View Post
          We have to wait for another version to enhance compatibility with bd-r+ ?
          BD+ protection is still in beta so hopefully the next beta release will solve these issues.

Comment

Hi diemme75,

No audio problem should not be affected by BD+ protection, we will get the LG player and check the problem asap.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
              No audio problem should not be affected by BD+ protection, we will get the LG player and check the problem asap.
              Thanks for your kind reply.
              If i can help you I can add that I also tried with "ANY" other software capable of removing BD+ protection but the problem is still the same, no audio, only video.
              The lg bd 390 is a good player and a multi award-winner product but it can be incompatible with something in the new "recoded" Bd or maybe has something inside capable of understand if the Bd is a backup (of course they are only my idea, because in the Pc the .iso file played with media player classic is perfect for video and audio).

Comment

Does your amp decode Dts?

if not, could be your problem.

Comment

Yes, of course
                  I have a Denon 1910 Dolby TrueHd and DTS-HD Master Audio capable.
                  The problem is the same with the audio directed to television where the player demux it to 2 channel stereo. It is mute also.
                  At the moment i got this strange problem only with 3-4 title (over 6 tried) from 20th century fox in dts audio with bd+ protection.

Comment

Does the backup disk playback in your PC. You mentioned only the .iso which I assume you are playing back from your hard drive.
                    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Yes, both .iso and backup blu-ray play (and sound) perfect on Pc with Media Player classic.
                      But the backup Blu-ray don't "sound" on the player (i tried my LG BD-390 but even the Samsung BD-P1580 of my neighborhood).
                      The tracks are "there". Both player shown english and italian dts audio tracks... simply they are like "muted".

Comment

Is your LG BD390 firmware up to date there was a new release in Nov. v808529 ?

Comment

Yes, thanks for your interest, too.
                          The player is always connected to internet via lan and is always up to date to the latest firmware.
                          The audio problem appear also with Samsung player of my friend (not with Pc, i agree) so i think there is somethink "unusual" with the encoding of the disk by dvdfab (2 title, same produceder, same protection, same error).

Comment

I would try a copy with all audio intact including HD. You will lose some compression room but all audio instructions will be intact. Maybe somewhere in the reencode it gets messed up but this may help diagnose the problem. Player vs. encode problem

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                              I would try a copy with all audio intact including HD.
                              Uhm... i didn't tried. I've only tried "italian only", "english hd + italian" and "english non hd + italian" but not all audio tracks.
                              After 5-6 blu-ray destroyed i stopped the trial with these title and i've posted this thread, eheh
                              But it could be interesting this try.

Comment

Working...
                              X