Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same speed with or without CUDA on 670 GPU ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same speed with or without CUDA on 670 GPU ??

Now that CUDA works with my new 670 GPU i must say im disappointed... it takes the same amount of time to do the same movie with software or cuda, with my old 570 GPU cuda was always much faster, is this working correct ???

+ i forgot to mention my CPU is running 100% with or without CUDA selected ?
    Last edited by BenieUK; 08-23-2012, 05:48 PM.

It seems if you go to settings, bluray copy, at the bottom the "encoding settings" if you have it set to "slow speed/high quality" then two-pass is used and NO CUDA (at least in my experience). If you set to "Fast Speed/Normal Quality" then you will see your CUDA kick in.

Comment

I can also add that on my gtx550, even with CUDA working properly I can watch the GPU utilization and it rarely gets over 50% which sucks, I'm not sure what's bottlenecking it using 100% of the GPU but if it did that would be awesome.

Offloading to the GPU is what everyone tries first yet it's funny almost every post for years from the dev/admin telling people as step 1 to set it all to software encoding.

My CUDA re-encodes to shrink some main movies from 40 gig to 26 gig still look awesome I luckily have not seen any downside in quality to using it, so I hope development/improvements to the CUDA end continue.

Comment

Originally posted by WyldWolf View Post
        It seems if you go to settings, bluray copy, at the bottom the "encoding settings" if you have it set to "slow speed/high quality" then two-pass is used and NO CUDA (at least in my experience). If you set to "Fast Speed/Normal Quality" then you will see your CUDA kick in.
        I thank you for your reply but ... i already have it set to "Fast Speed/Normal Quality", this seems to be a problem with the new 600 series cards

Comment

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file, thanks.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
          X