This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to burn to blu-ray

So i am able to rip blue-ray to HD without any problem, I verified I have all files in my /backup/FullDisc/80250680_THE_FUGITIVE/BDMV/xxx/ directories. But when I try to burn the files back to a blank disk, I am unable to select the blur-ray drive. I select source as teh above, but i dont have any options in target for the blu-ray drive. help!!!

I have used the software and the drive previously to burn a disk. that was on the trial version, i since upgrade to full version, this is my first try since. any additional needed info I can provide, I will

DELL g60 laptopDVDfab 6.0.1.0 (may 15 2009)
    vista home edition
    GGW-H20L USB Blu-Ray Drive

Patrick

Using the write data mode and selecting
    /backup/FullDisc/80250680_THE_FUGITIVE/BDMV/xxx/ directories
    as the source?
    Also d/l the latest version on this forum's main page, 6010 is pretty old.
    If using a laptop it is suggested to use an external burner instead of the internal due to the hi heat enviroment.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Using the write data mode and selecting as the source?
      Also d/l the latest version on this forum's main page, 6010 is pretty old.
      If using a laptop it is suggested to use an external burner instead of the internal due to the hi heat enviroment.
      well I burned the files to my HD in those directories, using "Full Disc" mode. but then I tried both "Full Disk" and "Write Data" to try to burn the files back to a blank disk (actually "/backup/FullDisc/80250680_THE_FUGITIVE" is what I selected as sourcewhen trying to write), neither would let me select my burner. didnt even have the burner as an option.

the "GGW-H20L USB Blu-Ray Drive" is an external drive

I'll try the newest update of the software, dunno though caz it was working with an earlier version trial version

Comment

hmmm ok so i Dl'ed the newest version and i get a few more options, including option to select burner - hurray... but now new problem. when i try to burn, I get message
        "no media detected in drive f: Please insert a compatible media to start the write process"

I dunno if it matters that the media type at lower center shows BD50 when i am using 25g disk? also I am using memorex BD-R 25gb disks. wouldnt expect memorex disks to be a problem? write size is 23.107, could i possibly be trying to write more space than disk allows?

Patrick

Comment

Yes. You have to set the size correct and you can set it permanently in the Settings page.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Yes. You have to set the size correct and you can set it permanently in the Settings page.
            uh ok, i dont quite follow that. settings page has it set as writeable media (BD-25) = 25000 and writeable media (BD-50) = 43700. how do I, or do I need to, set it so the "write" page displays BD25 instead of BD50?

Comment

nothing additional? I didnt understand "You have to set the size correct and you can set it permanently in the Settings page. "

what is the "correct" size? and shouldnt it detect i have 25g disk and display bd-25 instead of bd-50???

Patrick

Comment

You can set the default output size to BD25 by opening common settings, then Blu-ray to Blu-ray. In the dropdown select BD25 1080P or you can select it from the main movie option beside quality.

Comment

Thanks W&B for clarifying. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

did that but no dice - still wouldnt burn. in fact it says "please insert a blu-ray disc to start the write process"... after some assorted trial it currently SEEMS to be burning blu-ray after I selected "Main Movie" option... doesnt seem to work for anything else. yet to be determined if i am currently making a coaster or not...

Comment

Originally posted by pglenn View Post
                      did that but no dice - still wouldnt burn. in fact it says "please insert a blu-ray disc to start the write process"... after some assorted trial it currently SEEMS to be burning blu-ray after I selected "Main Movie" option... doesnt seem to work for anything else. yet to be determined if i am currently making a coaster or not...
                      You should buy a BD-RE (rewritable) BD blank to make sure it works first before you burn to a expensive BD-R blank so you not get those coasters

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                        You should buy a BD-RE (rewritable) BD blank to make sure it works first before you burn to a expensive BD-R blank so you not get those coasters
                        no coasters made yet - cant make a coaster if it wont let me initiate the burn :-)

The MOVIE ONLY mode did work. any ideas why that option recognized the disc and successfully burned (movie only tho) while other options wouldnt recognize the disc?

Patrick

Comment

Working...
                        X