Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signs stuck at 0.29% (CUDA), or 0.65% (Intel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs stuck at 0.29% (CUDA), or 0.65% (Intel)

the title pretty much says it all... The analyze finishes and once the encoding process is supposed to begin, it gets stuck:

0.29% (CUDA), or 0.65% (Intel)

The logs will say I cancelled it, but it doesn;t matter, I could let it sit there for 4 hours and it would not make any more progress.

Log files attached (Lightning Enconding Disabled)
    includes attempts using 8.1.6.8 and 8.2.0.8.
    Attached Files

Did you try software only with no A/V codecs selected?

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      Did you try software only with no A/V codecs selected?
      Testing now

Comment

Originally posted by RedJamaX View Post
        Testing now
        So far, it has gotten past the 1% mark with software only, but...

it is running REDICULOUSLY SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Even with my processor clocked up to 4.3GHz.

Comment

Originally posted by RedJamaX View Post
          Testing now
          Seems to be working, still super slow, only running at 1.6MB to 1.7MB/s when compared against QS or CUDA which both usually get around 7MB to 15MB /sec.

My understanding is that the visual quality of software encoding is noticably worse than QS or CUDA as well... is that true? I have never actually tested, just checked reviews and forums.

Comment

Is the source an iso?

Comment

No, software only quality is normally deemed better.

Comment

Originally posted by LignGeorge View Post
                Is the source an iso?
                Nope, Standard Retail BluRay... Sometime I will buy the Discount BluRays from a RedBox and they will be the "Rental" versions. Not sure if they have different methods of protection on those or not.

Comment

No, software only quality is normally deemed better.
                  According to this review done by Tom's Hardware:

Are you ready for the modern-day compendium on the state of hardware-accelerated transcoding performance and video quality? We decided to take an in-depth look after a few bad experiences, and you'll be surprised at how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

In the tests they performed...
                  Software is actually the worst quality of any avaiable transcoding technology. You can download the pictures and easily see the difference. Intel Quick Sync is the best, sharpest image, follwed by CUDA, then AMD and finally the software transcoding.

Are you saying that "DVDFab" software transcoding is better???

Comment

I quote..

"Of all the output settings, the full software transcode pathway is consistently the best. We don't have any tracking errors, save for Badaboom's early build. The detail is consistently good, no matter how many times we transcode the file, and you can almost always which file was transcoded on the CPU, comparing output files from each program to each other."

Comment

And another...

"Do you use Spectral to calibrate your HDTV? Do you agonize at night over motion compensation? Do you only re-watch your favorite TV shows once they've been released on Blu-ray, instead of streaming them over Netflix or Hulu because you look down on the picture quality? If you are a quality nut, then you will want to stick with software-based decode and encode, keeping hardware acceleration from touching your content entirely. It is the one constant, reliable setting for video quality."

Comment

And another...

"Do you use Spectral to calibrate your HDTV? Do you agonize at night over motion compensation? Do you only re-watch your favorite TV shows once they've been released on Blu-ray, instead of streaming them over Netflix or Hulu because you look down on the picture quality? If you are a quality nut, then you will want to stick with software-based decode and encode, keeping hardware acceleration from touching your content entirely. It is the one constant, reliable setting for video quality."
                        Are these quotes straight frm users in this forum? Or is there a supporting article as well? I would definitely be curious to read it.

Thanks

Comment

Did you update your driver to the latest? I have tried to CUDA decoder and encoder with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, work fine not freeze.
                          Did your have tried another source?

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Those are quotes from the article YOU referred to on Tom's Hardware.

Comment

Those are quotes from the article YOU referred to on Tom's Hardware.
                              Feeling a bit sheepish... :0

Yeah, I went back a re-read instead of skimming through... It seems that software transcoding is consistent, and hardware transcoding is all over the place depending on which hardware you are using with which program.

Signs finally finished in full software mode.... And everytime you skip a scene on my Sony BluRay and PS3, there are lots of blocky artifacts. They quickly go away, but I curious if anybody else has seen this as well?

Also, does anybody know why the CUDA/QuickSync are not working?
                              Last edited by RedJamaX; 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X