Full Disc compression will not fit to 25GB disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Disc compression will not fit to 25GB disc

I have tried to back up Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and I am having issues when trying to compress them to fit on a disc. I have the write size set at 23866 currently (dropping it to 23000 did not help, I tried that on Ghost Rider). They end up about 2-3gb too big for disc. I originally thought it might be a cinavia issue with ghost rider, but it is now doing the same on Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

I have included the internal logs. They only have my attempt with Mr. and Mrs. Smith as my computer has been reformatted since my attempts with ghost rider.

Also I did notice what appears to be the same issue with Battleship on someone else's thread (http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18655). Maybe it's the same issue.
    Attached Files

The problem is the files are still way too big to fit on a 25GB disc. Try 22600 and I bet it will fit, that is, if it compresses correctly. And remember, just because one number setting works for a certain disc doesn't mean it will work for all discs. The compression process is variable depending on many factors of the particular movie's audio and video. You have to experiment with it.

Just to ask, why do you need all of the extraneous material on there from the disc like movie trailers, FBI warnings, extra audio tracks that you won't use and the like? It's not leaving much room for a good quality compressed movie after everything else gets squeezed on there. You'd be better off using Main Movie and excising all of the unnecessary fluff which I find works better for me on my backups. I actually own Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and I copied and burned utilizing Main Movie. It looks fantastic.
    Last edited by SuperFist; 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X