Individual episodes of Archer Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual episodes of Archer Season 1

I would like to make a "Main Movie" of each of the ten episodes of Archer Season 1. I attached a screen shot of the DVDFab window showing what files are on the BR disc.

I know there are 10 episodes but there seems to be twenty possible files. For instance titles 800 and 801 are one episode, titles 850 and 851 are another. How do I know which set of files to choose? Do I use 800, 850, 805, 802, etc... or do I use 801, 851, 855, 852, etc...?

And this question really applies to any multi-episode disc as I will be doing Archer Season 2 as well as some other shows.

Is there a database somewhere or a method used to determine which title is right one?

I use an Oppo BR player with a Mediasonic 8 drive bay (2TB drives) where I store all my movies as ISOs. I do this because I hate BR menus and for convenience so I don't have to get up to switch discs (laziness is good).

Thanks.
    Attached Files

General Individual episodes of Archer Season 1

When I did Spartacus-Gods of the Arena and Spartacus S1, I just let FAB process the whole disc!

Then I just pick out the ones I needed, and made folders for them, then transfered to Media Player!

Have you ever tryed making your ISO's to MKV, it would cut the size of the ISO to about half the size and will save a whole lot more space on your HDD's! You'll keep the same Picture and Audio quality!

Comment

There is no database that I know of that will show you the title info.

The only sure way is to play the disk (or ISO) in a player and note which title# corresponds to which episode.

I had to do this for the 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 and I know it is painful and I certainly have investigated an easier route to no avail.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
        When I did Spartacus-Gods of the Arena and Spartacus S1, I just let FAB process the whole disc!

Then I just pick out the ones I needed, and made folders for them, then transfered to Media Player!

Have you ever tryed making your ISO's to MKV, it would cut the size of the ISO to about half the size and will save a whole lot more space on your HDD's! You'll keep the same Picture and Audio quality!
        I tried to do the whole disc two different ways and couldn't get it to work. First, I tried to do "Main Movie" of the whole disc which gave me a folder with all the m2ts files. I tried to make an ISO out of each m2ts file but my Oppo and Cyberlink 12 player both said the files were not readable. I then tried to make a Blu ray copy of the whole disc but I got the same results. I guess you can't make an ISO out of m2ts files. Am I missing a step? You mention making folders. Do I need to put the m2ts files into folders first and then make ISO?

As for switching to MKVs...I don't want to do that for two reasons. First, I already have about 80% of my BR collection on 8TB of drives as ISO and it works and I do not want to start over. It takes way too much time. Second, I can't stand the thought that I may be missing some bit of quality...no matter how miniscule. I know my ISOs are faithful to the original discs...any compression (even if not noticed by the average viewer) would bug me.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        There is no database that I know of that will show you the title info.

The only sure way is to play the disk (or ISO) in a player and note which title# corresponds to which episode.

I had to do this for the 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1 and I know it is painful and I certainly have investigated an easier route to no avail.
        I tried to play the disc and note the title number but they don't correspond to the titles on DVDFab. Instead of 800 or 850 or 851, my player shows title 1 of 10 or something to that effect.

So, I've been doing things the long, tedious way which is the only way I have gotten it to work. That is, making a "main movie" copy of each individual episode and then making an ISO out of that. If there are two versions of an episode, I just choose the first one, so if there is 800 and 801 for episode one, I just choose 800. I did this for my season 1 and 2 of Archer and am now going to try Firefly. It's time consuming but it works.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would be curious to hear them. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shmn View Post
          As for switching to MKVs...I don't want to do that for two reasons. First, I already have about 80% of my BR collection on 8TB of drives as ISO and it works and I do not want to start over. It takes way too much time. Second, I can't stand the thought that I may be missing some bit of quality...no matter how miniscule. I know my ISOs are faithful to the original discs...any compression (even if not noticed by the average viewer) would bug me.
          I swear you and I are just alike. I have all of my movies on several TBs of HDDs as well but they are all in folders ready to be burned, if need be. However, just to clarify, MKV is a container for Blu-ray which can be uncompressed as well as compressed. As I type this I am making Snow White and The Huntsman into a MKV including DTS-HD MA audio as well as 100% quality retained from its movie folder. It took all of 5 min to do as it's just moving it from one location to another. Of course I have an internal SSD and external eSATA drives, which are faster than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
            I swear you and I are just alike. I have all of my movies on several TBs of HDDs as well but they are all in folders ready to be burned, if need be. However, just to clarify, MKV is a container for Blu-ray which can be uncompressed as well as compressed. As I type this I am making Snow White and The Huntsman into a MKV including DTS-HD MA audio as well as 100% quality retained from its movie folder. It took all of 5 min to do as it's just moving it from one location to another. Of course I have an internal SSD and external eSATA drives, which are faster than normal.
            So what is the advantage of MKV if you leave it uncompressed compared to ISO? I just like that ISO is a self-contained file and I know it works on my Oppo player or on my computer.

Plus, I've got my workflow down pretty good for movies. I just use DVDFab to rip the main movie only into the BDMV folder structure (with a couple of audio streams and subtitles) and then use ImgBurn to make an ISO. I find this faster than having DVDFab make the ISO.

I built a new computer once I got into Blu-rays specifically so I can do all this. SSDs are a god-send. And so is the i7 cpu. I have one Samsung Blu-ray drive (SH-B123L) but was looking to get another drive as a backup...do you happen to know what the fastest BR drive is for an internal installation?

Comment

Working...
            X