New at Blu Ray Copying/Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New at Blu Ray Copying/Writing

I just got a Blu-Ray Player so I'm totally new at this phase of copying. What is required to copy? Will my current DVDFab version allow me to do this? What kind of discs are best? What Blu-Ray drive is recommended, what might be an approximate cost I can anticipate, and would it be compatible in WindowsXP? Any other information I may need to know would be appreciated?

Thank you.

Originally posted by dtbm51 View Post
    I just got a Blu-Ray Player so I'm totally new at this phase of copying. What is required to copy? Will my current DVDFab version allow me to do this? What kind of discs are best? What Blu-Ray drive is recommended, what might be an approximate cost I can anticipate, and would it be compatible in WindowsXP? Any other information I may need to know would be appreciated?

Thank you.
    It depends on what you want to do, to copy blu-ray you will need blu-ray copy, to change them to files for phones or other use's you will need blu-ray ripper. When uou open up dvdfab the screen that tell's you what you have should come up. I have xp service pack 3 and have never had trouble. In anwser to which drive i use a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-205 and have had good luck with it i know that Lg makes some good drives to. I hope this helps i am sure some of the more knowledgeable members will give advice to.

Comment

Thank you for replying...it appears I have Blu-Ray Copy, Ripper, 3D Ripper, Blu-Ray to DVD, and Blu-Ray Creator. Not sure what they all do, but I guess what I'm most looking for is Blu-Ray Copy?

My system is also XP with service pack 3 so I guess I'm good to go there.

Thanks for the recommendation on the drive; once I replace my old drive with this new one, I imagine I can still perform the same tasks I use to, only now with the added Blu-Ray copy ability?

What about disks? Do you use the same ones, i.e. I currently use Memorex DVD-R, 4.7 GB (120 min), or are there special ones for Blu-Ray?

Thanks again....

Comment

Bluray discs..theres 25GB discs or 50GB discs.
        I use 25GB discs ( much cheaper,I pay £40 for a tub of 50 ) and use Blu ray copy to compress them to fit on a 25GB disc.
        You will most likely need to download DVDFAB Virtual drive ( its free ).

Im on windows XP SP3 and have no problems.
        If your backing up new released blurays its important to keep updating bluray copy.
        Bluray copy lets you rip and burn the full disc,or just the movie or clone.
        It also backs up bluray 3D.

I have only been using the programme a few weeks so still experimenting but so far its been brilliant.

Comment

Working...
        X