Jennifer's Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jennifer's Body

I purchased a used copy from a website. They sent me one of those "rental" copy. When I load using my sony player, there's no special features. The menu has no selection for special features also, just play, settings, and scene selection. However when I load using dvdfab, I select main movie and you can see all the special features listed also. I decided to back up a copy and see what happens. I selected full disc and compress to fit 25gb. Everything went fine. Burned the disc and popped it into my sony again and got the same result as original disc. Put the burned disc into dvdfab and all the special features appear. Is there to unlock the special features?

Try useing the clone copy in blu-ray and see what you get!

Comment

Rental Versions sometimes hide menu for extras

It is possible that your rental version has hidden the menu that permits access to the special features. DVDFab shows you that files and probably playlists exist on the disc for the extras, but the menu won't give you access.
      However, sometimes you can get around this, depending on how the title was authored. I'm going to describe a way to deal with this that I stumbled across on the net.

1. rip the full BD to your hard drive in files mode. Be sure to check the box for the program to create the miniso.
      2. once the full title is on your hard drive, look for a folder called "BDMV\JAR\99999".
      3. look for the file named "config.xml".
      4. open it with notepad.
      5. change "<Rental>Y</Rental>" to "<Rental>N</Rental>", save the file.
      6. mount the ripped title via the miniso
      7. play the ripped title and see if the menus are now there.

This has worked a number of times for me, and it was first described as a fix for Fox titles (which Jennifer's Body is) so just maybe . . .
      Last edited by Rich86; 09-19-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
        It is possible that your rental version has hidden the menu that permits access to the special features. DVDFab shows you that files and probably playlists exist on the disc for the extras, but the menu won't give you access.
        However, sometimes you can get around this, depending on how the title was authored. I'm going to describe a way to deal with this that I stumbled across on the net.

1. rip the full BD to your hard drive in files mode. Be sure to check the box for the program to create the miniso.
        2. once the full title is on your hard drive, look for a folder called "BDMV\JAR\99999".
        3. look for the file named "config.xml".
        4. open it with notepad.
        5. change "<Rental>Y</Rental>" to "<Rental>N</Rental>", save the file.
        6. mount the ripped title via the miniso
        7. play the ripped title and see if the menus are now there.

This has worked a number of times for me, and it was first described as a fix for Fox titles (which Jennifer's Body is) so just maybe . . .
        thanks, will give this a try

Comment

Originally posted by tvghomestead View Post
          thanks, will give this a try
          btw - if this works on this title, I suggest you NOT back-up the entire disc just to get access to the extras, unless the original disc is already a BD25. The full retail version of this title is reported as a BD50, so if your retired rental version has the extras, it is most likely a BD50 also. I avoid further compressing a main feature video unless absolutely necessary. You could use your original disc to watch the movie, and make a full disc backup of your original minus just the main movie feature. That way you can watch everything from the disc with the best possible pq & aq. This works quite well.
          Last edited by Rich86; 09-20-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
            btw - if this works on this title, I suggest you NOT back-up the entire disc just to get access to the extras, unless the original disc is already a BD25. The full retail version of this title is reported as a BD50, so if your retired rental version has the extras, it is most likely a BD50 also. I avoid further compressing a main feature video unless absolutely necessary. You could use your original disc to watch the movie, and make a full disc backup of your original minus just the main movie feature. That way you can watch everything from the disc with the best possible pq & aq. This works quite well.
            I was thinking about that but didn't realize you can make more than 1 choice when you select main movie option.

Comment

Working...
            X