Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the BR to BR feature of DVDFab Work With RipBot264?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the BR to BR feature of DVDFab Work With RipBot264?

I've been using DVDFab for years to copy DVD's and rip video for my ipod. Now that it's starting to support blu-ray, I'm wondering if I should lay down the Simoleons to buy this new support? Technically, the blu-ray to blu-ray support doesn't quite have the specific feature(s) I want it to do...that is, not without some help from another bit of software, RipBot264.

I want to be able to rip only the specific portions of a blu-ray movie (main movie or the episodes of a TV series) and turn it into specific video/audio qualities/resolutions as an .mkv or AVCHD file for instance. DVDFab cannot do this, but RipBot 264 can. Unfortunately, it cannot remove the copy protection enabling it to read the BR disc. I've been using various versions of [another program] to get rid of the encryption, but to buy a lifetime upgrade of the software is more than I'm willing to spend. Also, I'm hoping DVDFab will one day add these features I want, so I would not need to use anything other than DVDFab in the first place.

However, for the time being, this is my question: Will DVDFab let me select the main movie (like it says it can) or episodes from a TV series (this one I'm not sure about) and copy that as a blu-ray folder to my hard drive as encryption free? Then could I use RipBot264 to open that folder, select and demux the stream I want and turn it into a video file of my choosing? Will DVDFab be able to rip blu-rays into video files someday? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!
    Last edited by troy512; 09-19-2009, 04:42 AM.

Originally posted by Hectic View Post
    I've been using DVDFab for years to copy DVD's and rip video for my ipod. Now that it's starting to support blu-ray, I'm wondering if I should lay down the Simoleons to buy this new support? Technically, the blu-ray to blu-ray support doesn't quite have the specific feature(s) I want it to do...that is, not without some help from another bit of software, RipBot264.

I want to be able to rip only the specific portions of a blu-ray movie (main movie or the episodes of a TV series) and turn it into specific video/audio qualities/resolutions as an .mkv or AVCHD file for instance. DVDFab cannot do this, but RipBot 264 can. Unfortunately, it cannot remove the copy protection enabling it to read the BR disc. I've been using various versions of [another program] to get rid of the encryption, but to buy a lifetime upgrade of the software is more than I'm willing to spend. Also, I'm hoping DVDFab will one day add these features I want, so I would not need to use anything other than DVDFab in the first place.

However, for the time being, this is my question: Will DVDFab let me select the main movie (like it says it can) or episodes from a TV series (this one I'm not sure about) and copy that as a blu-ray folder to my hard drive as encryption free? Then could I use RipBot264 to open that folder, select and demux the stream I want and turn it into a video file of my choosing? Will DVDFab be able to rip blu-rays into video files someday? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!
    Hi Hectic,
    I believe you can do that I personally don't use ripbot, I use TsMuxer for editing, and removal of unwanted content.
    Last edited by troy512; 10-03-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X