Bd50 to bd25 playback problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Bd50 to bd25 playback problem

Hi everyone. I'm using DVDFAB 8.2.0.8QT and i've been having problems with 3d compressions using Full Disc option.

I compress 3D movies to bd25 using most of the recommendations in other threads (disable all gpu codecs, all decoders and encoders to software and disable lightning recoding), selecting ISO as ouput using DVDFAB BURNING ENGINE. The problem is playing it on standalone players (i'm using a LG BD660) because the image freeze sometimes and it's less than a second!!. i've compress 3 movies so far and having the same problem with all of them (Avengers 3D, Lorax 3D, Hugo 3D). With movies 2D i don't have any problem.

I'm using imgburn to burn the iso file generated by DVDFAB.
    Do i have to compress 3D movies using different settings? or burning the iso file with DVDFAB.

Any solution will be appreciated.

Please see my posts in the 3d subforum. I have the same issues. After eliminating that it could be the bluray player, or media, it looks to me like the program just isn't correctly converting 3d blurays to 25 GB size without freezing video.

Comment

but if you play it on pc it runs perfectly, or it's possible because i'm trying in TMT5 with the option of simulating a 3D monitor. Have you ever recieved a response from them?

Comment

Well, I use PowerDVD, my computer monitor is not 3d, and the 25 gb versions dvdfab makes plays fine, albeit it looks strange because it's 3d, but no freezing.

However, when I hooked up my computer to my 3d projector, I had stuttering and freezing issues. I imagine if ran it in 2d mode in powerdvd it would play fine, because on my other ps3 that is hooked up to a non 3d tv, it plays these copies in 2d mode, without issues.

I don't normally use my computer to play blurays, just to test video files.

But even though I have a quad core system with good video card, I was not able to get TMT to play blurays without video problems even with retail discs. However, the performance is much smoother with PowerDVD, so maybe you should try a demo of that to see if there is any difference.

Comment

I'm trying another reencode with different settings to see if something changes.
          Do you burn your 3d recompressions with IMGBURN or DVDFAB?.

I guess it's a reencode problem too, because i made a copy of IMAX UNDER THE SEA 3D which is a 25gb disc originally and it plays fine with my standaloneplayer.

Comment

I have tried virtually every combination of settings in the program and with the encoders and decoders, nothing made a difference. But feel free to try.

I burn with imgburn, but I don't think it makes a difference. I played the 25 gb isos I made both from the hard drive and discs and the same problems occurred.

Comment

Have you tried main movie only?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

When I go to main movie only, there doesn't seem to be any options to choose 3d-2d or anything else like there is for blu ray copy. I could try it but I'm not sure what video it will output.

Comment

Oh never mind, I see you can choose that on the menu after you hit "next". Making an exact copy with menus etc would be ideal but I will try it this way now to see if the video works any better.

Comment

3d

i been havin problems with 3d since dvdfab started as u can see by my posts i only do movie only no encode and still get frezze stuuter with powerdvd , its been about 5-6 week i posted about final destination 5 last 20min squares stutter but its still not sorted . men in black 3 stutters avengers theres more but no point me postin every title as final destination from 5 week ago still not sorted even with dvdfab 9 still does it so looks like theres somethin not right with the 3d hopefully they can sort it

Comment

Nope, same problems with movie only.

It's a shame the program seems to have this issue, because 25 gb blurays are so much cheaper than 50 gb ones. Which is why I have spent so much time trying to get it to work.

And there is no other program I know of that can do this in one or a few steps.

Looks like I am giving in and importing some 50 gb blurays from Japan.

Comment

Hi, aoidxc and Prens

Please update to the latest build 8123 and have a try!

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I did, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Comment

hey aoidxc

Exactly the same problem and tried everything even buying differrent brands of bd-r i started with verbatim bij after throwing 4 in de bin i bought platinum same effect then mediarange en trax data.
                            I als have a lg bd660 standalone player and all iso's i made up to the latest update of dvdfab of 3d on 25gb give small freezes throughout the move, but the iso's loaded with deamontools and played in computer (powerdvd11) with hdmi to tv have NO troubles and play fine.
                            PLEASEEEEEEEEE dvdfab help if i had money enough to throw 25gb discs away, i could just aswell buy 50gb (which work fine by the way).

with kind regards

Comment

Same here guys, I have been trying and trying to backup Monsters Inc. 3D Movie Only mode to 25Gb and it looses video after about 30sec then if I skip to next chapter it pixelates and 3D sync loss at about 5min in, in 2D everything is fine.

Just going to have to bite the bullet and leave them as uncompressed Movie Only images for now till the compression part is fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X