This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I Doing Wrong

Ok so i have attempted now to rip a copy of Angels and Demons to my computer to watch rather then to a blu ray disc, but every time i use the main movie option, i get 32 individual Mpeg files that range from 4.5 Gb to 47 Mb.
    It basically is the movie split up into multiple files.

Does anyone know how to get these to be ONE file that i can watch or if im doing something wrong with DVDFAb? I thought the software would give me one file not 32.

that is how the DVD files are on the actual DVD you bought but if you want just one file try the iso option as that is one file but needs to be mounted in a virtual drive as well for playback. Don't know how to do an ISO read the tutorial http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php...ttingsDVDtoDVD

Comment

But then how come some Bluerays rip into one easy playable file and others dont? All i want is a High def copy of Angels and Demons that can be played on my computer or on my PS3.

There must be a simple way with DvdFab that I'm doing wrong,

Comment

As AGJ stated that's how the Blu-ray disc is structured but for the type of file you want here is some news Blu-Ray to Mobile

Comment

Hi rogo43,
          Try putting the disc in your standalone BD player or your ps3, then take note of the chapter that it is reading, that will be the chapter you want to rip to your HDD from main movie, and instead of an ISO try M2ts, you can then play it back using VLC on your PC, not sure how to stream it to your PS3 though.
          hope this helped.

Comment

if you want to store the bd as a single file, the blu-ray to Main movie file option, or stream-processing the main movie to a single m2ts file will work.

that file will play back in the PS3, just burn the m2ts file to a dvd or bd with UDF2.5. if it's less than 4gb, use a flash drive. if not, you'll need to burn to a UDF disc or network stream it over.

while the ps3 can (usually) read the m2ts files, there can also sometimes be issues with the 'file' playback, because it doesn't support all the HD multi-channel audio formats, etc.

essentially, the ps3 has 2 modes, 'disc' playback has all the blu-ray features and audio support, but is limited to dvd/bd formats and AVCHD formats (restrictive)

'file' playback has limited audio support, but can play most kinds of video formats and containers (less restrictive), and allows network streaming of files, as well as UDF/ISO/FAT32 reading of external media.

for 5gb to 10gb files, quickest way is to network stream, and copy the result to the PS3 HDD.

since it will likely be quite a lot larger than will fit on a FAT32 formatted drive, and burning a BD-R will be time consuming too, the network copy is going to take around the same time frame, and then you can delete the m2ts file if you need the space back.

you will need MKV2VOB, which converts mkv and m2ts files to a .mpg or other file format (i.e. one compatible for streaming) . it's better to let mkv2vob handle the conversion, since it will also check the audio is 'allowed' for streaming, and that it's in sync. it can also re-encode the file if the container is the wrong kind, but you won't get notified about options, it will just re-encode the audio, and the video to a high standard only if it is needed for streaming.

if you prefer, mkv2vob can also create the BDMV folders if you want to burn it to BD-R or AVCHD, its in the options, and will respect those 'valid audio/video stream' conditions so the files will play.

Comment

Some people have had success in spicing the files together using tsMuxer. However, you should know that the PS3 will not play VC-1 encoded video or HD audio from a file (streamed or on media).

Comment

Working...
              X