Prometheus 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus 3d

I tried copying Prometheus 3d in BD 25 and BD 50. Both ways give a successful message after the copy process, However, neither has any files in the \Stream\SSIF directory after mounting the mini iso file.

I've been down this road before, and know that without files in this directory (when mounting the mini iso file) the final disk burned from it will be nothing more than a coaster.

Just sayin!

Any suggestions?

BB

Same problem here I think, UK region.
    successful burn but on playback I get the usual warning signs before film starts then a blank screen.

Comment

Hi,
      DVDFab Virtual Drive V1380 or later is needed when mount the miniso file.
      Please post your log file.

Wilson
      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-15-2012, 02:20 AM.
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

These are my full logs for internal and burn..at a glance they look like successful burns but the latest 3d discs Prometheus,Avatar,and wrath of titans all fail on playback of standalone players ( they work on my computer via powerdvd ).
        First thing I thought is its my player but all previous backups of 3d play perfectly well and the original discs of avatar,prometheus,wrath of titans play without any glitches.
        Basically i get the warnings up fine then when it comes to company logo it is jerky,pixilated and then freezes and switches to blank/black screen with the time display not moving at all...I have also tried just movie but with same problem.

Its not the discs i use as those discs play fine on the computer..its like my standalone players cannot cope with the structure of files..this only happened since i updated to version 8.2.1.5 I also have virtual drive version 1.4.0.0.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gary1609; 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Hi, Gary1609
          Burn Folder 2012-10-14 14:57:14 -----------------------------------------------

14:57:14 Info RootDir: C:/Documents and Settings/gary/My Documents/DVDFab/Temp/MainMovie/WRATH_OF_THE_TITANS/
          14:57:14 Info VolumeName: WRATH_OF_THE_TITANS
          14:57:14 Info WriteMode: 4
          14:57:14 Info Operation Started!
          14:57:14 Info Source File Size: 22802 MB
          14:57:31 Info Writing LeadIn...
          14:57:31 Info Write started 11674720 sectors to write
          15:10:36 Info Synchronising Cache...
          15:10:36 Info Synchronising Disc 0
          15:10:38 Info Synchronising Disc 65536
          15:10:39 Info Closing Track...
          15:10:39 Info Finalising Disc...
          15:10:52 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:13:31
          From your burn log, the burning speed is so fast. Please drop down the burn speed.
          Since of DVDFab burning could not control the burn speed now, please target to an ISO file with "Copy as 3D" option first, and then burn the bd25 ISO file to disc by ImgBurn with slow speed, e.g. 2x.
          And could you please tell us the type of your standalone players? PS3, LG?
          Hope this help you!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi, Gary1609

From your burn log, the burning speed is so fast. Please drop down the burn speed.
            Since of DVDFab burning could not control the burn speed now, please target to an ISO file with "Copy as 3D" option first, and then burn the bd25 ISO file to disc by ImgBurn with slow speed, e.g. 2x.
            And could you please tell us the type of your standalone players? PS3, LG?
            Hope this help you!

Wilson
            Hi Wilson..followed your instructions exactly but hit the same problem.

Im playing back on an LG BP620 with up to date software and it gives me no problems playing the master blurays of these films or the many other backed up 3D blurays I have,all backed up using DVDFab.

All attempts I have made play fine on my pc using PowerDVD so its not an issue with discs..I am only having trouble with the 3 mentioned discs so far..I have just backed up battleship with no issues at all.

It would be interesting if theres any possibility of you replicating things and seeing what happens your end.
            I am at a loss what else I can do and worry that this might never get resolved.

I get the menu up fine and when i choise play it starts with a pixcelated picture that then hangs and either goes black screen or switches my player off.
            I read about cinavia giving problems like this,when audio is detected it stops the picture from playing..im convinced that somehow cinavia is not being bypassed when i use DVDFab and yet if thats the case why does it play through powerdvd on my computer.

I was hoping some members might come on and tell me if they have copied and played back these 3 films on a standalone in the uk.

Comment

Log files attached.

Hi Wilson,

I have attached my log files in hopes that you have some insight into my similar problem. My attempts at Prometheus say that they are successful but once the disk gives the warning messages etc. I never get a menu so I can't start the movie.

All appears to be working fine up to the point that It loops in the beginning prior to giving you a menu.

FYI, I was able to successfully copy "Katy Perry - Part of Me" after the attempts at Prometheus, so I believe it is just an issue with this particular 3D movie.

Thanks.

BB
              Attached Files

Comment

Prometheus

I have made successful copies of Prometheus and Wrath of the Titans with only the cinavia limitation. I have used Sony, Samsung and LG standalone players to play them and luckily only the newer LG has problems with cinavia. The other two are obviously old enough not to have the detection system.

I have all settings set to maximum quality and slower speed also I use the Dvdfab burning engine to write the discs perhaps these factors may help with your problems. I have used Ver 8.2.1.5 and the beta 9.0.0.5 both with equal success.

I have the UK versions of the films.

Good luck resolving this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Impsworld View Post
                  I have made successful copies of Prometheus and Wrath of the Titans with only the cinavia limitation. I have used Sony, Samsung and LG standalone players to play them and luckily only the newer LG has problems with cinavia. The other two are obviously old enough not to have the detection system.

I have all settings set to maximum quality and slower speed also I use the Dvdfab burning engine to write the discs perhaps these factors may help with your problems. I have used Ver 8.2.1.5 and the beta 9.0.0.5 both with equal success.

I have the UK versions of the films.

Good luck resolving this problem.
                  Hi Impsworld.
                  On the LG you have the cinavia issue what happens when you play the 3D version of prometheus..I have been told that the black screen doesnt sound like a cinavia issue.

Comment

Cinavia Warnings

No the black screen is not due to cinavia. You normally get around 20 mins play time then the protection kicks in. It will mute the sound , show a warning message realting to how the disc was created ie. Clone or from cam recording, it will then either play a little more or stop there.

The black screen seems to be a loop when passing from opening screen to top menu, if you use your options on the remote you will see (at least in my case) the menu jumping forward and backward at the point where the loop is created.

I had this on Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows part one 3D for a while, even though I had done part two with no trouble, it took a liitle time to get the settings right to get a playable copy. Again changing the burning engine to DvdFab seemed to have been the cure.

As an example. I used to be able to copy Blu-Ray to dvd with no problems, than it suddenly stopped working. I could leave it over night and nothing. I contacted DvdFab and also researched the components being used. It seems my copy of CoreAvc had stopped funtioning and was still being selected by default. When I changed the A\V settings to software, the only other option that would work for me, everything worked again.

This has taught me that very often the solution is unbelievably easy, however finding it can be almost impossible.
                    Last edited by Impsworld; 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Impsworld View Post
                      No the black screen is not due to cinavia. You normally get around 20 mins play time then the protection kicks in. It will mute the sound , show a warning message realting to how the disc was created ie. Clone or from cam recording, it will then either play a little more or stop there.

The black screen seems to be a loop when passing from opening screen to top menu, if you use your options on the remote you will see (at least in my case) the menu jumping forward and backward at the point where the loop is created.

I had this on Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows part one 3D for a while, even though I had done part two with no trouble, it took a liitle time to get the settings right to get a playable copy. Again changing the burning engine to DvdFab seemed to have been the cure.

As an example. I used to be able to copy Blu-Ray to dvd with no problems, than it suddenly stopped working. I could leave it over night and nothing. I contacted DvdFab and also researched the components being used. It seems my copy of CoreAvc had stopped funtioning and was still being selected by default. When I changed the A\V settings to software, the only other option that would work for me, everything worked again.

This has taught me that very often the solution is unbelievably easy, however finding it can be almost impossible.
                      Thats interesting reading thanks.
                      I use the DVDFab burning engine ( tried with imgburn also ) and my A\V setting are set to software.
                      I am just trying wrath of titans again using the latest version 8.2.1.8 and i have this time adjusted the quality to higher ( but slower ) and burn speed X2.

Cant think of anything else to do.

Comment

I just upgraded to v8.2.1.8, used DVDFab burn engine, and still I got a black screen trying to backup Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer 3D.

Comment

I tried Avatar on highest quality slow speed burnt using DVDFab burn engine at 2 speed ..it took 17 hours and all i got for my troubles was the black screen still.

I had a bit better luck with wrath of titans this time doing it slow and movie only,it worked although the motion looks slightly off in parts..like a freeze frame but so quick you barely notice it and its only now and then.

Not tried Prometheus or I robot again yet.

Theres definately some sort of issue though and I dont think the issue is related to the media used or the players..im a little dissapointed that Anny from email support has not got back to me even if its just to confirm they have identified the issue.

Comment

Hi All:
                            Would you please double check that :
                            1. Whether the backup disc have the ssif files in DriveX:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF?
                            2. Whether you used burnning engine is dvdfab blu-ray write burning engine?

Comment

I just did Dredd 3D as a BD50 to my HDD using the 'copy in 3d mode' and upon checking my STREAM files on the HDD, the ssif file was there but empty.

Comment

Working...
                              X