Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you change Full Disk Image Quality ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you change Full Disk Image Quality ?

I am a little new at this, but not a total novice. I am using single layer 25GB BD-R's and it seems most of the movies I am trying to back up are greater than 25GB. I understand how to use the Main Movie function, but I would like to back up a full movie with menu's etc. and use BD25 compression. There is a quality drop down box under Full Movie but it does not drop down and seems locked at BD50. I have gone into customize and made my default BD25 under blu ray to blu ray but it still is locked at BD50. Can I achieve what I am trying to do with DVDFab? If not, I don't understand the difference between Clone and Full Disk.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

Clone option makes bit-to-bit copy. I think, that option preserve protection on disc image. Full Disc option makes copy without protection (if it is possible of course). I believe, that DVDFab authors provide compression functionality for Full Disc option with custom compression and custom language selection for audio and subtitles tracks. I would like to believe that they add custom deletion of unwanted materials too. But we must be patient because of BD+ protection problems.

ArtS

Comment

Thanks. I am not seeing an option to compress or shrink "Full Movie".

Comment

Fab cannot compress the full disc with menus (yet)

Comment

Thanks, that was what I was looking for, confirmation.

Comment

You're welcome but it is in the works and hopefully soon will be available. (thats the main option I'm waiting for)

Comment

Hi Joe,

We are working on "Full Disc" and other copy modes for Blu-ray, but sorry I cannot give any time table for now.

Best Regards,
              Fengtao
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thanks to everyone. Love DVDFab and will wait patiently for this new functionality. In the mean time, I ordered some 50GB 4X TDK BD-R's from Japan so I should be able to Clone anything. That is if they are decent quality. Got them off ebay, 10 for $80 which per disk is only slightly more than I have been paying per Verbatim 25GB disk. We'll see. Anyone else bought these from Japan sellers? There were a hanbdful of brands available:

These which I bought:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And these for the same price but only 2X:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Verbatim-blu-...item3ef9fcfaf1

There were also JVC and Panasonic for slightly more $$$. Hope they work

Comment

How about disabling Full Disk unless you have BD-50s?

I think my Blu-ray burning problem was trying to do full disk but all I had was BD-25s. Since the compression is only allowing Full Disk to BD-50, I might suggest that the software auto detect the inserted disk. If it's a BD-25 there won't be enough room and not allow the copy.

I made about 6 coasters trying to do this before I figured it out.

Comment

no compression in fulldisk option to BD25

Hi all,
                    just for my understanding, it is correct, that Fab cannot compress BD50 to BD25 fulldisk option at this time? This is a highligted feature in the product description?!

-Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5

Anybody can clarify this?

Comment

Just like it states in this thread, Full disc backup (with compression if needed) WITH menus is NOT possible (yet) but Fab can compress main movie only to fit on a 25GB BD-R disc or BD9/BD5 blank DVD.

Comment

ok, thanks for this information. So this was my missunderstanding.
                        But other question remains for me now:
                        what is the difference between fulldisk and clone disk option?

Comment

Full disc will be able to do compression preserving menus and extras (it's coming) and Clone will retain original layer break and will not allow compression, a 1:1 copy less protection.

Comment

Quote from "features hightlight"

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                            Fab cannot compress the full disc with menus (yet)
                            "Compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5."
                            Do you say it is bloff?

Comment

Yes, for my understanding this feature is a fake at this time.
                              But you can use as an alternative the free software BDrebuilder. this programm can compress fulldisk BD50 to BD25 in complete. The new release now also works fine with VC-1 / 1080i encoded video streams, where i got an error message with DVDFab to try to compress it. It´s running very fast for me at this moment.
                              I got 1.2x reencoding speed @ quad core AMDX4 955 (25.4FPS) for 1080i source file.
                              All we can do, is sit and wait... until this functionality will be implemented in DVDFab.
                              Just fyi - you can buy BD-R25 raw disk for 1.99€/p and 2.49€/p printable at this moment in Germany, It works fine on LG-BD standalone player
                              Anybody knows, where i can buy cheaper disks in Europe?

Comment

Working...
                              X