This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator Salvation rip time

About Terminator Salvation, but not about the audio. It took 9hr54min to rip just the main movie for me and only 13min to burn. I actually stopped it on my first attempt after 8 hours thinking something was wrong. The second time I shut down all unnecessary programs and it still took that long. This was my second rip and burn (back-up). I did Rambo (main movie) first and that only took 1hr and 30min to rip and burn while running all my other programs and using my computer at the same time. did anyone else have the problem of Terminator taking 10hr! I hope that doesn't happen often.

also, just watched it and audio is out of sinc about half way in through to the end of the movie.

Comment

@wayofthemetal This title has a unique (a 1st for me) way of backing up to disc. Not sure if this was the case for anyone else. TERMINATOR SALVATION in DVDFAB BD to BD "Movie Only" mode seem re-encode each stream (I believe as it's referenced) i.e. m2ts 1 then 2 and 3 (so on and so on) in typical numerical sequence just strange as this back up seamed to go through a 2nd phase copy process? I back up this time in about 3hrs again I'm proponent of like sized media whenever possible.

This is one of those tricky sized titles 23 plus GB with a limited audio track options (actually 1 english track and it's DTS HD I believe.) It's just beyond a 25GB BD blank size limit which leaves you (or me) with 3hrs plus of unwanted compression if you want to back up to a 25GB BD blank. So this title I backed-up up to a 50GB BD-RE DL blank. I did so with no errors again "movie only" with no out of sync audio and no super modern computer spec or graphics card. I found with more experiences backing up BD titles that many older BD titles do have 25GB (23GB plus GB actual size) or less main movie portions

Still often newer titles will exceed 23GB like this title and a favorable option is like sized 50GB BD media. To be clear and honest I only use DVDFAB BD to BD for my file to disc back up and another complimenting BD software to rip my BD titles to file. I cannot discuss specifics any further as it is not welcome here (don't ask)"see forum rules".

Comment

Originally posted by LEGIN27 View Post
        @wayofthemetal This title has a unique (a 1st for me) way of backing up to disc. Not sure if this was the case for anyone else. TERMINATOR SALVATION in DVDFAB BD to BD "Movie Only" mode seem re-encode each stream (I believe as it's referenced) i.e. m2ts 1 then 2 and 3 (so on and so on) in typical numerical sequence just strange as this back up seamed to go through a 2nd phase copy process?
        I copied to HD to burn later. But the rip process was the first I had seen: the total rip time was correct, but the progress was based on a .ts by .ts basis.

Originally posted by LEGIN27 View Post
        This is one of those tricky sized titles 23 plus GB with a limited audio track options (actually 1 english track and it's DTS HD I believe.) It's just beyond a 25GB BD blank size limit which leaves you (or me) with 3hrs plus of unwanted compression if you want to back up to a 25GB BD blank. So this title I backed-up up to a 50GB BD-RE DL blank. I did so with no errors again "movie only" with no out of sync audio and no super modern computer spec or graphics card. I found with more experiences backing up BD titles that many older BD titles do have 25GB (23GB plus GB actual size) or less main movie portions

Still often newer titles will exceed 23GB like this title and a favorable option is like sized 50GB BD media. To be clear and honest I only use DVDFAB BD to BD for my file to disc back up and another complimenting BD software to rip my BD titles to file. I cannot discuss specifics any further as it is not welcome here (don't ask)"see forum rules".
        @wayofthemetal: 31 minutes without transcoding/reencoding. I don't know what the specs of your machine are, but I can assure you mine is nothing special.

Comment

@wayofthemetal: 31 minutes without transcoding/reencoding. I don't know what the specs of your machine are, but I can assure you mine is nothing special.

Here u go....My desktop cpu spec.

SONY VAIO VGC-RA820G (2005)
          O/S MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP
          MEDIA CENTER EDITION
          Running: SERVICE PACK 3
          Intel PENTIUM 4 W/HT (HYPER THREAD TECHNOLOGY)
          CPU 3.20 GHz
          2 GIGS OF DDR RAM
          1TB of internal HD
          1TB external HD
          BUFFALO EXTERNAL
          BLU-RAY MEDIA STATION
          MODEL: BRHC-6316U2
          BLU-RAY WRITER AND HD PLAYER
          6X MAX BLU-RAY WRITE SPEED

Comment

Working...
          X