An idea to remove Cinavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea to remove Cinavia

Since Cinavia is DTS-MA copy protection, why not just convert it to Dolby TrueHD. Since they're both lossless audio codecs, you shouldn't loose any audio quality. This would also make it compatible with WDTV players (which I prefer over my PS3) and not have to rely on playing it from the Blu-Ray disc player.

I believe the cinavia infection is buried inside the audio such that converting it to some other audio format does not matter - it is still there. Try converting a cinavia infected BD to DVD - I expect the resulting DVD will still trigger the cinavia shut-down and message when played in a player with cinavia activated in its firmware. The only current decent solution is to stick with players that do not have cinavia imposed on us in the firmware. Let those new cinavia infected players gather dust in the warehouses. I also buy very few cinavia infected titles - most of them are rental only from now on (if Sony sells the same or fewer numbers of a title even though they are paying verance to infect the lossless audio with cinavia - one would hope that they figure out this is a waste of money at some point).
    Last edited by Rich86; 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X