Cinavia and Blu-ray clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Cinavia and Blu-ray clones

My current player, which is Cinavia-free, is slowly dying. I'm going to end up buying a new one soon, which is likely to have Cinavia. Since clones are supposed to be exact copies, does it mean that the Cinavia protection on a disc will be cloned too and therefore that the clone will play ok in a Cinavia-enabled player?

Just wondering (and hoping!) so could you let me know?

Cheers!

Oh it will be there for sure, any way you back it up. Do a little research there are still a few Cinavia free players out there.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Buy a media player instead and you won't have the problems.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks all, it seems my worst fears have come true! Not so easy to find a brand new non-Cinavia player...

Comment

Yay looks like I'm gonna get a LG BD660 for my birthday... Cinavia free!

Comment

I got this one

Dynex™ - Wi-Fi Built-in Blu-ray Player

Model: DX-WBRDVD1
            SKU: 2333036

Comment

Check out the mede8er 1000 player, it can play 3d and 2d bluray isos without problems, cinavia or not.

A new popcorn hour player is coming out soon with the same features. Only drawback is bluray menus will be displayed in a simplified form without graphics.

Most of these media players fly under the radar but they will only grow in popularity as cinavia does.

Personally, I like htpcs with xbmc, but there is no good way right now to play 3d bluray isos since powerdvd and total media theatre have cinavia detection.
              Last edited by Prens; 10-31-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Buy a media player instead and you won't have the problems.
                Anyone know of any good media players that support DTS-HD? That's the only problem I see with using media players. I do have a WDTV, the one with a 1tb hdd, and it supports everything including DolbyHD TrueHD, but sadly not DTS-HD which most BD movies are.

I do have a Popcorn Hour C-300, but I don't like it. It seemed very buggy, froze a lot and seemed of poor quality. No matter what HDMI cable I used, cheap or expensive, it seemed to have white snow to some movies even cutting out a lot. Nothing else does that with the same HDMI cables (including the PS3) playing the same content.

Anything in the same caliber of the WDTV would be great.

Comment

I have the Aios Media Player, it will play all the DTS-HD and anything else! Got it from Amazon.com, will also play any kind of format! It holds a 2TB hdd!

I use MKV format with HD Audio, saves space on HDD, about half the size of a regular ISO-Blu-ray!

Go to PIVOSGROUP.COM and you can read all about it! Works great with DVDFAB!, one other thing, if you decide to buy one make sure you up-date the firmware, they tend to send it out with the old firmware! Had to up-date my unit to play all the Audio Tracks!

Comment

The Aios may be able to play 3d SBS mkvs in half resolution, but not straight 3d bluray copies.
                    Last edited by Prens; 11-06-2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Also check out Micca media players 2 models do all soundtracks and also do full 3d as well as side by side and over and under 3d from iso's and also play's bluray from files mine was only $140.00 at amazon.You can also use a 3t hard drive with it. I have a WD external that works fine with it.Check it out.
                      Last edited by glenns; 11-06-2012, 05:41 AM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Working...
                      X