(frustrated newbie) Invalid Disc after many tries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy (frustrated newbie) Invalid Disc after many tries

I have been trying to copy a 3D disc (Avatar) since I bought your "BluRay Copy" lifetime license on 11/3, and reading your tutorial over and over.

I only have one BluRay drive, and I used "BluRay Copy" to copy a BluRay 3D disc (Avatar) "Main Movie", to a Memorex 4X BD25 disc, specifying the one drive for both source and target hoping that it would start to write the disc when it was time to insert a blank - but it did not, it stalled for over an hour trying to recognize the blank. I could not get "Write Data" to do anything either. I also tried Verbatim type LTH 25GB discs.

Your tutorial does not say it, but there are three options, not two. 1-BluRay 3D, 2-SBS3D, 3-ISO I selected BluRay 3D, should I be using "convert to SBS3D"?

I loaded the miniso file into Virtual Drive 1.4.0.0, and used imgburn 2.5.7.0 to "Write Files/Folder to Disc" It appeared to work properly, and did finish the task, but both of my Bluray Players said "Invalid Disc". Power DVD 8 would not play it on my computer either, it said "there is a disc with an unsupported format in drive D".

I am getting frustrated, as I am usually quite computer-savy having started with them before PC's even came out. I had been using "1click Copy Pro" for standard DVD's, and their BluRay Copy program did not seem to be a complete program, so I searched the web and found you folks.
    I am using Windows 7, with an AMD FX-6100 military grade six core processor, with 8GB memory, using DVDFab 8QT.

Help please!

PS - I did have the miniso mounted the the Virtual Drive
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Duke37; 11-06-2012, 06:33 AM. Reason: Add a PS

Hi,

For compressing 3D source with "Copy as 3D" option, plesae follow these ways:
    1. Please set DVDFab Burning engine manually in Common Settings if you want to compressto to bd25 blank disc directly.
    2. You must mount the .miniso file by DVDFab Virtual Drive v1380 or later when playback on PowerDVD or TMT if you target to an folder.
    And if you want to burn the folder, you should set DVDFab burning engine in Common Setting and then burn the targeted folder in Write Data.
    3. Target to an ISO file, not need to set DVDFab burning manually, DVDFab will switch to DVDFab burning automatically. Then you could burn the bd25 ISO file by ImgBurn or other burning engine.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

#2 did not work

Thanks for your suggestions,

Since I already copied Avatar as "Copy as 3D", set Common Settings to the DVDFab Burning Engine, and followed your #2 above. I mounted the miniso file, went to "Write Data", clicked on the folder icon, went to the "DVDFab" folder in "My Documents", and tried to open the "Avatar" file in source, but the blue box stalled at "open Blu-ray source C:\.....Avatar\..". After 15 minutes, I cancelled the process. Then I repeated the process trying to open the "BDMV" folder within the "Avatar" folder, same result. Then I clicked on the folder icon and on the BDMV file that pops up through the Virtual Drive F, and the blue box stalled at "Open the Blu-ray source F:\.." Each time I cancelled the process after 15 minutes thinking that was enough time.

BUT I checked the properties of the BDMV file that pops up in Virtual Drive F, and it says 48GB, not the 23GB that is on my C drive !?!?!?! The properties of my F drive directly shows the disc full with 22.6GB. I don't know if that has anything to do with things.

I guess that I should give up on the "miniso" and "Write Data" functions and try your #3 above. This should not be that complicated. I attached the internal log file from today.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duke37 View Post
        Thanks for your suggestions,

Since I already copied Avatar as "Copy as 3D", set Common Settings to the DVDFab Burning Engine, and followed your #2 above. I mounted the miniso file, went to "Write Data", clicked on the folder icon, went to the "DVDFab" folder in "My Documents", and tried to open the "Avatar" file in source, but the blue box stalled at "open Blu-ray source C:\.....Avatar\..". After 15 minutes, I cancelled the process. Then I repeated the process trying to open the "BDMV" folder within the "Avatar" folder, same result. Then I clicked on the folder icon and on the BDMV file that pops up through the Virtual Drive F, and the blue box stalled at "Open the Blu-ray source F:\.." Each time I cancelled the process after 15 minutes thinking that was enough time.

BUT I checked the properties of the BDMV file that pops up in Virtual Drive F, and it says 48GB, not the 23GB that is on my C drive !?!?!?! The properties of my F drive directly shows the disc full with 22.6GB. I don't know if that has anything to do with things.

I guess that I should give up on the "miniso" and "Write Data" functions and try your #3 above. This should not be that complicated. I attached the internal log file from today.
        Open dvd fab then drag the folder or file over to fab and drop it it should open it that way. I do not think it will open using mini iso what he was telling you was if uyou wanted to watch it with a media player to do that , If you want to burn it you have to open the file.
        Last edited by csbond2; 11-06-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Wang Wilson, Thanks

Your option #3 (using the ISO file) worked great, and the 3D effect is basically untouched on my big screen.

Thanks very much

Comment

BUT it froze at halfway point?

BUT it froze at halfway point! I burned the ISO 3D file comporessed to a BD25 disc, and it played great up to the halfway point and then froze up the player, twice.

Now What?

Comment

Tell us the model of your player. How about playing on PC?
              Please post your log file.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-15-2012, 02:43 AM.
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

confused - Thanks

Thanks Wilson, my player is a Toshiba BDX3000. I played the disc on my PC using PowerDVD8 which I ran through the upgrade, and the ISO disc played through ok twice (of course not in 3D).

I put the disc back in my player for a third try, and first tried paging through it chapter by chapter, which let me go all the way to the end. Then I put it back in the player to play all the way through. THIS TIME IT WENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!?? I wipe my discs clean everytime I play them - what else could cause that?

The first two times it froze up so badly that I could not forward or reverse it, and not even get the disc out until I unplugged the player.

Is my player an unreliable one, or what? I have only had it for a year without any problems. If it is, do you have any suggestion as to a better one?

I don't know what to say, except thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
                X