No announcement yet.

The Expendables 2 - copy protection NOT removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind, I tried again today and all is well...

Comment

Originally posted by tsutton View Post
      Title 26 isn't right. It puts one mt2s in the wrong spot and leaves another out. Try title 684.
      It might be playable in some situations but I don't think 684 is right either. When played back in DVD Fab Media player it seeks to random other places than where you seek to and shows the wrong run time count, eventually running over the total time and crashing the software. I've seen similar behavior on other films when the wrong title # was used (Notably in Safe).
      (I used 8220, the second version)

Comment

It was in fact title 26..it didn't work before but does now on 8220a

Comment

The playlist was fixed a while ago and DVDFab chooses the correct playlist, which is NOT 684 (eg. it is missing clip 509, etc.)

Full disc was fixed in .

Please watch for release notes when dealing with Lionsgate titles

Originally posted by aust3333 View Post
          Thanks tsutton. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Had a feeling title 26 was not right. Just have not had a chance to watch the film and confirm. Fab team, the newest versions of Fab are still choosing the wrong title for Expendables 2. Please rectify please.

Comment

Well, I watched the movie first then I copyed the #26 and it puts one m2t out of place everytime!

When Willis and Stallone are talking on the plane, in the middel of there conversation it will switch to when Statam and Stallone hits the big guy with the brass knuckles and then will switch back to Willis and Stallone on the plane talking! Blu-ray copy to MKV everytime! (8220a)

Used #684 and had no problems at all, plays fine and without anything missing at all!

Sorry, but #684 worked great for me!, not #26, Main Movie only!

Comment

What's the length of your 684? h:mm:ss

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
              Well, I watched the movie first then I copyed the #26 and it puts one m2t out of place everytime!

When Willis and Stallone are talking on the plane, in the middel of there conversation it will switch to when Statam and Stallone hits the big guy with the brass knuckles and then will switch back to Willis and Stallone on the plane talking! Blu-ray copy to MKV everytime! (8220a)

Used #684 and had no problems at all, plays fine and without anything missing at all!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post

This is exactly how it worked for me also.

Originally posted by j&b View Post
                What's the length of your 684? h:mm:ss
                1:42:41

Comment

Ok, I've asked for more info and I can clarify the matter now

First of all, I'm sorry for my earlier , when I stated that 684 is wrong. My post did not include enough information and therefore it was misleading. My apologies.

As indicated on the back cover, 102 minutes is the correct length. It's actually 1:42:41.

There are several versions of Expendables 2: US or Canadian, 7.1 DTS-HD or only 5.1 Dolby Digital, double-layer or single-layer, etc...

- US retail, UV+DC, DL, 7.1ch DTS-HD Neo:X version has main playlist: 609
                  - US movie-only, SL, 5.1ch Dolby Digital version has main playlist 684

Since 8.2.2.1, DVDFab is able to make correct full disc backups for both, I believe.
                  For 7.1ch version the main playlist is selected correctly for a while and I think it has been fixed for the other one too. Please check and give feedback here. Thanks
                  Last edited by j&b; 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Ok, I've asked for more info and I can clarify the matter now

First of all, I'm sorry for my earlier , when I stated that 684 is wrong. My post did not include enough information and therefore it was misleading. My apologies.

As indicated on the back cover, 102 minutes is the correct length. It's actually 1:42:41.

There are several versions of Expendables 2: US or Canadian, 7.1 DTS-HD or only 5.1 Dolby Digital, double-layer or single-layer, etc...

- US retail, UV+DC, DL, 7.1ch DTS-HD Neo:X version has main playlist: 609
                    - US movie-only, SL, 5.1ch Dolby Digital version has main playlist 684

Since 8.2.2.1, DVDFab is able to make correct full disc backups for both, I believe.
                    For 7.1ch version the main playlist is selected correctly for a while and I think it has been fixed for the other one too. Please check and give feedback here. Thanks

I have the US movie-only, SL, 5.1ch Dolby Digital version and Fab selects title 26. I am using version 8.2.2.1. I also watched the film and there are scenes out of sequence.

Comment

J&b,

1:42:41

Comment

@8855A
                        thanks; well in the meantime I have more info; see post #23 please

@aust3333
                        thanks; could you please post a log also?

Another release info:
                        - Canada retail, DC, DL, 7.1ch DTS-HD Neo:X version has main playlist: 826

Comment

@8855A
                          thanks; well in the meantime I have more info; see post #23 please

@aust3333
                          thanks; could you please post a log also?

Another release info:
                          - Canada retail, DC, DL, 7.1ch DTS-HD Neo:X version has main playlist: 826
                          Must of been a server side update or something because I am using the same version (8.2.2.1) and Fab now chooses title 684 instead of title 26. Good job Fab team.
                          Last edited by aust3333; 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Comment

Working...
                          X