9.0.1.1 Crashes in Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.0.1.1 Crashes in Windows 8

Tried to check the log...only shows the process to a point and stops. Windows 8, upon completion of the rip to the hard drive says that the program running has encountered a problem and Windows 8 needs to reboot. I had chosen Imgburn as the burn engine, and at completion of the rip to the HDD, it is supposed to open Imgburn and complete. Imgburn never opened, and the crash happened. Rebooted and am now trying 8.2.2.2 to see if it does the same. I had other crashes in Win 8 as well, and DVDfab gave me a report to send...which I have done three times....

Any ideas?

I shut off EVGA Precision when running, for I think that caused issues as well...but crashing continues. Using the latest Nvidia Beta 310.61

Thanks

Hi jut an idea but try running as administrator, solved crashing issues I was having in Windows 8, if it persists run in comparability mode for Windows 7.

Comment

Well, the crashing stopped, but now when I am ripping a disc to copy, I get to about 12% and the read speed drops from 12mb/s to 0 and just sits there with no progress...interesting, indeed! It can sit there for an hour and do nothing. In Windows 7 mode, the program won't even start. The splash screen just sits there...
      Last edited by bobmitch; 11-28-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
        Well, the crashing stopped, but now when I am ripping a disc to copy, I get to about 12% and the read speed drops from 12mb/s to 0 and just sits there with no progress...interesting, indeed! It can sit there for an hour and do nothing. In Windows 7 mode, the program won't even start. The splash screen just sits there...

please post the internal log

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
          In Windows 7 mode, the program won't even start. The splash screen just sits there...
          Please make sure internet network is good and try again

Comment

Hi all:
            Would you please downlaod the special build and test it. thx.

Comment

Potti...

I have had no issues, since dropping Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, and going back to Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. Does this beta build fix the Bitdefender issue? That seems to be what the techs found with my issues. All have since, gone, with Kaspersky back...

PM'd you the message as well...

Thank You

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Potti View Post
                Hi all:
                Would you please downlaod the special build and test it. thx.
                http://download.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab9021Beta.exe
                Yahoo!...worked the first time.

Can you post what changed or what the problem was?
                (i.e. why it would always or almost always fail under windows 8?)

Comment

Ripping Cars with no problems. The issues stopped after removing Bitdefender. BD caused issues not only with DVDFab, but also with Nero 12 and some business apps that I use on my desktop and laptop. I don't know how they are rated number 1 for AV, when they cause so many problems. Kaspersky has always been good for me...guess I fell for the "Free" after rebate thing. Free actually had a price...

What is in the changelog? Very curious

Comment

Working...
                  X