No announcement yet.

No matter what BR I copy, they stop at 11.64% read and sit for hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17%...wow...that's further than I think I have yet to make it. I will be interested to see what happens. As I said...99.9% of all my programs/games work in Windows 8. Seems that DVDFab is the ONLY ONE...that is having trouble. DVD Copy works well...Blu Ray...no good! Fingers crossed that maybe it's something I am doing...but the settings are the same I have always used...

90312...Here's my system specs

Asus Sabertooth z77 with Intel i7 3770K
    16 GB DDR3-1866 Ram
    Pioneer BDR-207 drive E
    Pioneer BDR-2208 drive F
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    EVGA GTX580 Video card
    Creative X-fi Titanium Sound
    Samsung 830 Series 256 GB SSD as C
    Hitachi 7200 rpm 1 TB HDD for Data and Games
    Windows 8 Professional with all the latest updates

Pretty much it...
    Last edited by bobmitch; 12-05-2012, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Up to 27% now but it will be morning before I know if it worked, so far so good!
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Is Anny in technical support for real? I received this email from her after pleading with her to read the thread. I have sent her numerous logs, via copy / paste, since there is no way to directly email her. Now, after four days, she sends this:

Dear Bob,

When backing up your Blu-ray movies, we suggest you click the little thing at the top that looks like a gear in order to open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder as software and set video encoder as software, then copy your Blu-ray movies to see the result.

If you don't want to enable GPU decoding/encoding, please just tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" check box.

If you still meet some issues, please send us your latest log files of DVDFab9. Thanks in advance.

Any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

--
        Anny
        DVDFab Service Team

This joke is on me, right? Five pages of logs and a fabcore error from Windows 7 and I get that response. It is obvious that you are the only one trying to figure this out. I thank you for that. Let me know your findings...I obviously have some issues...that I "think" might be contributing..

1. AHCI drivers. Perhaps they are handled differently in Windows 8 than 7. However, even in Windows 7, why did 9.0.1.1 have a fabcore crash? See page three of the thread and you will see that in Windows 7, I received an error message when the program just ceased to work.
        2. The Ivy Bridge chipset. Although, I have been using earlier versions of v8 on this chipset since April of this year. I can restore from an earlier backup and do a full BD Copy using version 8.0.1.3 (I believe, may even be older than that...from August). Even when I installed v9 on that 7 backup, I got the fabcore crash. There has to be some conflicting driver, piece of software that interferes with the ability of DVDFab to shrink the files.

Guessing now...

Comment

Installed DVDFab 9.0.1.2 on my HP Envy Laptop. Quad core Sandy bridge processor 2.4 GHZ, 8 GB of DDR3-1333 SDRAM. Same end result as with my desktop...read stopped at 9.98 %, drops to 0, task time left 0. Only thing that both my machines have in common is the Inrel AHCI drivers v 11.2. Laptop has an AMD 6850 video card, so no CUDA. Set DVDFab to total software and Imgburn as burning engine, Here is the log:

Also received a message: FabCore has stopped working.

-Check online for a solution and close the program
          -Close the program

Details:

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
          Application Name: fabcore.exe
          Application Version: 1.0.5.1
          Application Timestamp: 50b5f634
          Fault Module Name: codecs.dll
          Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
          Fault Module Timestamp: 4e1eb600
          Exception Code: c0000005
          Exception Offset: 00021e1b
          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
          Locale ID: 1033
          Additional Information 1: 0a9e
          Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
          Additional Information 3: 0a9e
          Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
          C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bobmitch; 12-05-2012, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Hi bobmitch:
            I'm sorry for your problem, and very thanks for you so many logs and info.
            We are tyring to repro your problem now on Xp, Win7 and Win8. Some of testings are done but can't repro. We are thinking of different ways. Each sub-forum is focused by QA team staff, Blu-ray Copy as well. We have no reply your post since no result now, but not do nothing. Hope we will repro and resolve this problem soon.
            By the way, your logs are good enough, if anything we need you, I will ping you.
            Last edited by Potti; 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Very Much Appreciated. I will keep my fingers crossed! Thank You

One last thought. There is one other common thing between the desktop and laptop. Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. However, I am not sure that it could cause the issue where DVDFab won't compress. Going to test that right now and post back
              Last edited by bobmitch; 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

My test completed successfully sometime during the night watching it now on the media player. So I think it's not Windows 8 and DVDFab or not just Windows 8 and DVDFab. I think it's something unique to your system configuration and I hope you find it.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

So do I. It is not only unique to my desktop, but to my laptop as well. Only things in common that I can think of. Intel Management Engine Interface (required for both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge processors), Intel Rapid Storage Manager (required for AHCI), Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, and a handful of other drivers. Other than that...Desktop-Nvidia GeForce drivers, where laptop is AMD. In both cases...program won't copy Blu Ray...but good with DVD...strangest thing. I appreciate all your help and guidance. Hopefully I can get this figured out. Question...is there a difference in some slight way between v8.0.0.1 and 8.2.2.2? 8.0.0.1 was the last working version of DVDFab that successfully copied BR on my desktop in Windows 7...

Comment

Grabbing at air, here...but here is the software common to both my desktop and laptop:

Intel Management Engine Interface 8.1.0.1281
                    Intel Rapid Storage Drivers 11.2
                    Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 (I have DVDFab as an exclusion to scanning)
                    Futuremark 3D Mark 11
                    Java 7 update 9
                    MS Net Framework 4
                    Various MS Visual C++ updates
                    MSXML 4.0 SP2
                    MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK

Not much else in common...

Desktop Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit
                    Laptop Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP1

Comment

Tested Cars (Volume Label: 18020466_CARS_USA) with 12 computers again, lucky one of them repro a fabcore crash problem.
                      But I'm not sure wether it is your problem since the fabcore crash problem we only happen once! And do the same case, cannot repro again.

My case is:
                      DVDfab 9012,
                      ENV - Core i5 2400, Z68 Sandy Bridge GT1, 4G memory,
                      Steps - Full Disc, 50GB to 25GB, Decoder and Encoder - Intel Quick Sync, Enable Lighting Recoding.

Log below:
                      925m 14.52s: info: processing source(00045.m2ts)
                      925m 26.51s: filter:503.01
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-503.10-1-1,block:209
                      925m 26.51s: filter:503.03
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-505.04-1-1,block:136
                      925m 26.51s: filter:503.10
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-503.03-1-1,block:41
                      925m 26.51s: filter:505.03
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-505.04-0-0,block:311
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-503.01-1-1,block:1249
                      925m 26.51s: fifo:223c-505.04-2-3,block:1665
                      925m 26.51s: filter:505.04
                      925m 28.12s: info: group(elem[atomic[00045.m2ts]]) playtime(214214 ms) source(162 MB) request(73 MB) real(9 MB) bitrate(2417 kbps)
                      925m 28.15s: compress finished: groups request(73 MB, 73 MB) real(9 MB) average_bitrate(2417 kbps)

When compressing the 00045.m2ts, fabcore crashs.
                      I though it looks like a another problem, becauce 00045.m2ts contains Mpeg-2 stream and is not separated form Mpeg-4. Normally Mpeg-2 and Mpeg -4 stream should NOT be in the same group, but if they are, fab cannot distinguish them, and using the same H264 encoding code, that will cause of fab freeze or crash when compressing. But this should only repro in Full Disc mode, not Main Movie. Testing more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

bobmitch, I have a similar system to you, i7-3770K, DH77KC mobo, 16GB ram and a Pioneer BDR-207D, Win 8 x64. I've had issues with Windows 8 but not DVDFab 8.

I assume all firmware, Bios and system drivers are up to date?

Have you tried using Quick Sync?
                        Last edited by martythebrit; 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah...all up to date...

Tech support wants me to do a reinstall of Win 8. What's odd...99.99% of everything I have works with no problems. I can copy DVD...no problem...Only Blu Ray. Right now, DVDFab Blu Ray copy fails on my laptop too. Only thing I can think of is Bitdefender...which I am gonna remove later and see what happens. Other than that...I can't re-do both machines...since they are both business and other...way too much to lose, or risk. I just may bite the bullet and not make backups of my Blu Ray...

As I said...I still have a few alternatives. I remember having issues with Nero Burning ROM not working because of Kaspersky Internet Security...If it were Bitdefender, I wouldn't be shocked...

Comment

Have you tried Quick Sync instead of CUDA?

Comment

Check this out. I put DVDFab and all the directories that it uses on the Bitdefender exception list...tried a copy and fail. Then...just removed Bitdefender Internet Security from my system...and the copy is working. I have copied over 50% of Cars, thus far and it is still going....had something to do with Bitdefender. So for Nero...can't use Kaspersky. With DVDFab, can't use Bitdefender...but at least I get an idea that all can be OK. My ISP gives me Zone Alarm Internet Security...guess I'll be going the free route next...

Comment

I've used Norton Internet Security for many years, including the new 2013 version and never had a problem.

Your mileage may vary...

Comment

Working...
                                X