Will Ted fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Ted fit

Will Ted fit on a 25gb bd-r disc? I have noticed most movies are greater than 25gb so what is the purpose of the disc?

Yes it will (main movie only)

Comment

ted

I am wanting to see the extra features. Is there much difference with the dvd version compared to blu ray. I know blu ray is better but is it worth getting the blu ray?

Comment

yes Ted will fit on a 25gb. disc. If any movies are over 25gb dvdfab will compress them to fit on the 25gb disc. I have notice that when compressing on a 25gb disc the movie still looks good almost as good as the original when compressing. When you compressed on dvd 5 there was a big difference between the original and then movie didn't look as good. I would recommend the blue ray version, so much better than dvd movies. If you want all of the features on blue ray all you have to do is select full movie copy which copies the entire movie like the original with all of the features.

Comment

will ted fit

I noticed that some of the movies after compressed are qualities of 65% sometimes but I have yet to see a movie at 100% for main movie or full. Is there muIch difference in quality at 65% blu ray over dvd? I bought 3 bd-r dl discs at 14 dollars a peice! At that price I mise well just go to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by steelrfan85 View Post
            but I have yet to see a movie at 100% for main movie or full.
            For Main movie only, you can cut out the extra stuff not needed...you only need one audio track..and can even remove HD audio to save even more space. But most movies (Main Movie + sinlge audio track) should theoretically fit onto BD25...unless its very long such as with Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by steelrfan85 View Post
              ... but I have yet to see a movie at 100% for main movie or full. ...
              There is a thread that lists movies that fit uncompressed on a BD-R disc.

Members who wish to add to the above list enter the movie and size in the following thread. When there are a sufficient number of additions, a moderator will add those movies to the alphabetized list.

Comment

Yes there is a big difference in quality even at 65% quality over a 100% quality dvd. When compressing blue ray movies the quality lost isn't much worse then the original blue ray. I mainly copy the movie only without all of the other stuff & all of the movies look great. Hard to even notice a difference from the original. As far as buying blue ray media go on Amazon and you can buy Optical Quantum bd-r 25gb for 19.95 for a 25pack of bdr. You can even get them cheaper if you buy a pack of 50. I have been using these disc for over 3years with no problems. Just remember always burn the disc at a slower burn rate. I usually burn them at 2x speed.

Comment

You also get the bdr dl for 41.00 on Amazon for a 10 pack. That comes to $4.00 a disc. I never buy the bdr dl because the bdr 25gb. disc look good enough for me and i am pretty fussy usually with picture quality because i like it to look the best but using the 25gb disc i haven't notice that big of a difference than the 50gb movies to make it worth my wild to buy them and the 25gb disc are very cheap to buy sometimes cheaper then buying dvd disc. I hope that helps you out.

Comment

bd vs dvd

Hi Steelrfan85
                    Blu ray vs dvd. That was the main question when BD first came out. Everyone I knew commented that they weren't going to BD because it didn't look that much better. What they were really saying was the point you made about cost versus quality.
                    My answer is that there are definitely some movies that should be in blu ray. Example is Avatar. Wow. How much difference it makes in blu ray. Other movies that have little knock your socks off scenery or dark by nature etc. Well in those cases dvd is sufficient.
                    Agree with everyone else on compression for BD. You can't tell the diff. Annnnd I think the backups sometimes look better whether compressed or not. I also buy the optical quantumns and have for over 4 years. Awesome BD backups. If a movie requires more than the 25 bd I split it and keep the 100%.
                    The optical quantumns are less than a buck apiece and have done me well.
                    Good luck and have fun
                    Buster

Comment

Working...
                    X