DVD FAB has encountered an error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD FAB has encountered an error

I have tried running DVDFAB over and over and keep getting the error saying DVD fab has encountered an error and it wont start. This is the same version I have used many times recently.

I tried updating versions but no luck.

Can anyone help?

Hi killerdc
    Try uninstalling Fab with its uninstaller, download CCleaner here Download
    Latest Version

run the cleaner and registry cleaner until nothing is found, download a fresh installer for Fab and reinstall Fab to see if you still have a problem.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Didnt work

Ok, I uninstalled everything and ran CC cleaner several times to make sure everything was done, both apps and registry, then re-installed the 8.2.2.6? version, (Whichever one is up on the site now) and after I ran the installer when I chose run program, it stopped working again, and gave me the same error I got before.

It's very weird cause I have had this program on this same computer for 2 years and never had an issue until this week.

Comment

Hi killerdc
        Did you install the installer as administrator?
        What are you running for an anti virus software, and could it be blocking it?
        Are any logs generated, is so can you post them?
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Yes

I am guessing you mean as computer administrator? I only have one account on this computer, so yes, it is an administrator.

I run AVG, but I do not think it's blocking anything, because I have been running AVG for the last 5 years with no conflict since I first installed DVDFab.

And if you tell me what log you are looking for I can find it. To be honest this is the first time I have ever had an issue, so where and what logs you want is new to me.

Comment

Please post dvdfab_internal.log,thanks.

Comment

Got it.

I had sent an email to the support email addy and they sent a possible solution which worked.

It was the new AMD Catalyst software that was causing the problem, so I deleted something in there and it worked out fine.

Thanks for the help. Glad it's working again.

Comment

Glad you found the problem.

Comment

Can someone post the solution to the new AMD Catalyst Problem?

Which driver components should be deleted to start DVDFab again?

Thanks in advance

hanneslam

Comment

Working...
                  X