No announcement yet.

3D Main Movie Backup plays back in 2D only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My burning PC has a dual core CPU. I even had to add extra fans because it would shut down the processor due to excessive temperatures.

Since I can't edit the previous post I'm fixing a typo on the first phase.

FIRST PHASE COPY THE FULL DISC TO HD WITHOUT COMPRESSING

1. Make sure under Common Settings that DVD / Blu-ray, Write, Burning Engine is set to the: DVDFab Burning Engine
    2. Inset Disc, select Blu-ray Copy, Full Disc
    3. Select region when disc starts; wait for DVDFAb to scan disc.
    4. How to copy Blu-ray 3D, select "Copy as Blu-ray 3D", Check "Remove HD Audio" if not needed.
    5. Disc size at bottom leave it set to "BD50" DO NOT COMPRESS AT THIS TIME
    6. Your "Source:" should now be the disc you are going to back up
    7. Your "Target:" should be saved as ISO to the HD by selecting icon all the way to the right of the Target.
    8. When full disc copy is done, close DVDFab and remove the original disc from Blu-ray drive

Comment

Now I am confused with all this.
      Im not having any luck with DVDFab and seriously considering ditching it despite having bought a lifetime subscription.

First it was the issue of black screen on Fox 3D blurays ( i have made about 15 coasters so far )
      Now Dredd 3D refuses to work,when I try to play the 3D version from backup it tells me that a 3D TV and player is required,yet when I put the master disc in it works as it should,instantly detecting I have 3d tv and player.
      So once again I have another coaster from trying to backup a 3D bluray.

I have always done full disc, set to copy as 3D Bluray.. ripped to Hard drive making a mini iso which i then mount using virtual drive and then set it to burn the full disc on a 25gb disc.
      I have done this with success for ages but only recently started running into issues with backup 3D discs.
      On Dredd the 2D version plays fine but 3D refuses to play as its not recognising i have a 3d player.

Comment

Gary1609:
        I have been following your posts in the other cat. I wondered if you tried to make a disk from the store brought 3d blu ray instead of putting it on the hard drive first? Sometimes this works on some disks.When you put the disk on the hard drive did you make sure fab burning engine was checked in software and that your useing fabs latest version please check both to make sure of each.The Simple cost effective solution is to get a media player and kiss all these problems,future problems and Ciniva goodbye.Look what blu rays cost and all the coasters your making
        Last edited by glenns; 01-14-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Enduser9999:

Are you overclocking your cpu? Their is no overheating using fab with my 2 core computer.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
            Gary1609:
            I have been following your posts in the other cat. I wondered if you tried to make a disk from the store brought 3d blu ray instead of putting it on the hard drive first? Sometimes this works on some disks.When you put the disk on the hard drive did you make sure fab burning engine was checked in software and that your useing fabs latest version please check both to make sure of each.The Simple cost effective solution is to get a media player and kiss all these problems,future problems and Ciniva goodbye.Look what blu rays cost and all the coasters your making
            You cant do that with a 3D disc can you glenns?
            I was always in the belief that for a 3d backup to work on a 25gb disc you had to create a mini iso and use virtual drive to mount it,im sure there was a thread in here saying something of that nature..I have copied 2D films directly from the disc with no problem.

I dont have the cinavia issue as i have 3 standalone blurays ( 1 of them is not infected ) ..im happy with the players performance on master discs so dont want to retire my players and im not convinced that media players wont be targeted in the future regarding cinavia ( although im not convinced cinavia will be a problem a year from now anyway)

Its just this sudden 3D issue thats driving me mad,the black screen issue is a priority for DVDFab so Im told so I believe they will sort that out soon.
            This new issue with Dredd will no doubt also be sorted,Im wondering if I should make an iso instead of ticking the mini iso ( would that make any difference? ) also i burnt at 4 speed,playback is perfect in 2d but its not recognising my player as a 3d player but would burning at 2 speed make any difference regarding playing back in 3d?

My biggest problem is obviously because im fitting it onto a 25gb disc it takes pretty much the day to get it done ( 8 hours-ish ) so it becomes very demanding when i have to do other things on the pc.

The one thing I wouldnt do is too switch my protection off when backing the disc up but i have left it working overnight without any other tasks being done on the computer.

Like you Glenns I dont have any overheating issues using DVDFab ( i have intel 2 core ).

I guess its all going to be trial and error,it just drives me mad that i can back up all 3ds from 12 months ago but since prometheus i have had so many issues with 3d,although spiderman 3d backed up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              Enduser9999:

Are you overclocking your cpu? Their is no overheating using fab with my 2 core computer.
              No I am not. But I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 X2 +4200 CPU on a very crappy motherboard with on board video.

When DVDFab starts to compress the ISO file the computer would abruptly shut down, so I installed a temperature monitoring program and noticed that the CPU heatsink fan was not spinning fast enough so the core temperature would escalate to 105 degrees Celsius and shut down due to thermal overload.

After I replaced the CPU fan I noticed that the chipset heatsink was getting very hot also, so I added another fan to keep it cool, now it burns great without any issues.

Even with all the problems that I had before I never made a single coaster.
              Last edited by enduser9999; 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Gary:Please do this step by step.
                1-Take store brought disk open fab ( latest version 9) hit the burn button in version 9 when done you have a 50 gig iso.

2.Take 50 gig iso put in virtual drive open fab blu ray copy now change to 25 gigs and do main movie but change target from your blu ray drive to a iso by hitting the blue hand with a dvd in it on the target box.When done you should now have a 25 gig iso (Not a folder) good now put the 25 gig iso into virtual drive and take the 50 gig one out of virtual drive.then open blu ray copy hit burn and burn to disk.This process keeps everything in iso form complete with the 3d ssif files.If this doesn't work take your burned 25 gig disks to a friends house and see if his player can play them in 3d or try a PlayStation or 3d game machine with 3d blu ray drive.

3. continue to think of media player as a cure and cheaper than what your doing now.Don't you have a birthday coming up?
                Your old 3d players will make nice gifts or if you have kids give them a nice gift.When you have a media player theirs no one to borrow your 3d disks anymore so you save money on unreturned disks saving friends for other uses.

4. Disregard make 3d movie from disk without putting on hard drive first I was having a 3d dream and sleep typing on the computer.

5 Set burn speed for one half disk speed if you have 6x disks use 3x speed or slower (slower speeds mean more players will see the burnt disk properly.)

6.One more thing to try-Use a older version of fab because their always changing fab some times things were better working on older versions.Try to line up the month of the fab program that last worked for you last before these new movies came out maybe its fab that changed not the movies.The fab dates they came out are on the download page you can still download older versions and theirs some on other Internet sights just use a search engine and search for older fab versions.
                Last edited by glenns; 01-15-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

does dvdfab add the navigation command to force the disc into 3d mode from the start using the subcommand output mode.

Comment

Working...
                  X