Cinavia fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia fix?

Well, I just purchased the BD Copy and Ripper and I have to say I'm satisfied w/ the quality of the utility. BUT, unless this software resolves the Cinavia copy protection, I don't believe this product is worth the investment. I've been a satisfied customer for the last 5 years, but the Cinavia issue and lack of a resolution at this time makes me regret making this purchase.

I have reviewed the majority of threads on this site along w/ other sites for a resolution w/o success. Unfortunately I have the latest technology BD players by Samsung and PowerDVD12. So, I can't play any of the Cinavia protected disks on my BD players. As for PowerDVD, I have to shut it down after 20 minutes, open up the task manager and kill every PowerDVD process that will not end as they are suppose too. Then I can restart PowerDVD and I'll get another 20 minutes of audio.

Resolutes by recommending purchasing new hardware is NOT A RESOLUTION.

I'm all ears when it comes to a resolution for backing up my BD disks using DVDFab.

Regards,
    David

Does your bd player have usb port and what video formatt will it play i can watch cinavia infeted video that i ripped to mkv via usb
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Originally posted by disdp1 View Post
      Resolutes by recommending purchasing new hardware is NOT A RESOLUTION.
      If you persist in perpetuating this situation by buying hardware that supports the Cinivia virus, I do not think there will be a prompt resolution.

Media Players are far more convenient and have no such problem. Just have a flick through some of the posts of this forum from users that have gone down that route and read their comments.

No more burning, no disks for kids to fingerprint, your whole library available at the touch of a remote and no Cinivia, all for less than $100.

Don't cast the idea aside without thinking about it.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

stick with hardware and software that is not infected with cinavia

At this stage of the game, you must stay with playback hardware and software that does not support cinavia processing. If you are not willing to accept that as fact and act accordingly, then your problem will remain for the foreseeable future. I use Sony BD players + PowerDVD9 - all of which work perfectly fine and have no earthly idea what cinavia is. You've heard the media player folks advocate their preferences above. I expect these are your choices.

Comment

Cinavia issue and lack of a resolution at this time makes me regret making this purchase.
          Yet you still made the purchase. You knew exactly what you were getting into before you made the purchase, you made the purchase, & then you come on here to complain about it? Is there a point to your post?

Comment

I agree with GREGIBOY all the way! He got me to invest in a media player and it has been the best thing I've ever done!

There are many brands to choose from, you should really check into it! There as cheap as Blu-ray players!, and areCinavia Free

Comment

Wargames: The only winning move is not to play.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
              MultiShrink
              : DVD Shrink batch processing
              Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

You can use DVDFab Media Player to play the backup disc, it's a cinaiva-free player.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

When I purchased a 3D TV, I was forced to buy a new 3D Blu-ray player that has Cinavia. Fortunately(or unfortunately) there are not many 3D movies out there so I do not bother to back them up after I purchase them. The 2D movies I backup on a media player and everything works hastle-free and I no longer purchase blank Blu-ray media. The media player is the only way to go IMO to avoid Cinavia.

Comment

So fangtao are you saying you guys aren't working on a solution anymore?
                    Lancool K-56 case.
                    OCZ 700watt PSU.
                    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                    WD 2TB.
                    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

What is with HiMedia HD900B and ISO files? Do they work with Cinavia?

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                      You can use DVDFab Media Player to play the backup disc, it's a cinaiva-free player.
                      Grüße...
                      Puebi

Comment

Don't know. You would be better asking on the HiMedia forum.

I don't know of any user here that has a HiMedia.

Originally posted by Pueberall View Post
                        What is with HiMedia HD900B and ISO files? Do they work with Cinavia?
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by unknownbluray View Post
                          So fangtao are you saying you guys aren't working on a solution anymore?
                          I don't think he said that.....he just gave you a way to play your Cinavia movies
                          Last edited by berdman; 01-15-2013, 01:41 AM.

Comment

they are still working on the problem but the easiest solution for pc is their free media player. other wise the videon.me set top player and android mini tv stick seem so far to be the best options till a perminent solution is found.
                            dvdfab has a lot of stuff on the table that needs fixed, upgraded and kept up to date. they make newer and newer copy protections they have to crack just so we can make backup's and ripper movies to other forms to put in personal media players. cinevia is just a big scratch that a simple bandaid cant cover all at once.

Comment

Working...
                            X