Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Blu-Ray 3d not copying?

Hi,
    Here's what I've tried, John Carter 3d Blu-Ray, i copy the whole thing to HD as a BD50, i keep all elements (subs, audio) and i copy as Blu-Ray 3d.

It copies, no issues during. I then go to play it from HD on something like Powerdvd12 and it does not load, so i open it back up with DVDfab and it plays in the preview window (non 3d).

I try then to rip the movie only at BD25, the issue is this no longer gives me an option to copy as BD-3d, no matter which of the 2 streams/titles i choose.

If i skip the above process and just rip a BD-25 movie only from my blu-ray disc the option is there for copy as 3d blu-ray but again the output on both streams/titles is none 3d.

Any ideas guys?
    Cheers for your help in advanced

PS - the original disc plays in 3d on powerdvd using my burning drive.

You need to load the movie in virtual drive to play on Power dvd its a free Fab program then it will play on power dvd.

Copy as 3d will come up on the second page after you select next on the bottom of the page when making a 25 gig 3d movie.
    Last edited by glenns; 01-25-2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

thanks for the reply glenns

I did some testing last night before bed and when i rip the blu-ray as a full disc copy and keep as a bd-50 i can then mount that and it remains 3d

If i then open that ISO in dvdfab and rip from that as a bd-25 the 3d option remains, the only issue is, converting this way takes an age, around 4 hours, so i will do a little more testing.

Is mounting as an ISO the only way to playback in 3d, as seeming opening as a directory doesnt allow for a 3d option in playback

cheers again

Comment

Yes you must mount the iso to play back in 3d and your lucky you can make a 25 gig disk in 4 hours it takes me 12-13 hours using a dual core machine.I use the side by side 3d now its really good and i can't see much difference on my 60 inch plasma tv.Audio is also hd and sounds great plus saves a whole lot of disk space also so give that a try.Its fast you may be able to do one in a hour and can use cuda making it faster yet.The 3d effects are the same i don't know why more people don't use this its still 1080 in 1 eye and your brain gets tricked into seeing a full hi def. picture in both eyes.

Comment

Thanks for the info mate

the 4 hour sentence was a mistype, it was meant to read 24 hours

Though i achieved a 9 hour original disc -> 3d bd-25 movie only rip last night.

I did a SBS copy of the lion king and that looked good, but i wanted to see if i could keep as much of the original as possible and therefore copy as 3d (default)

I made a coaster just now, but looking at the disc there seems to have been a burn error, in playback it does force my display into 3d which is a start (up until now i have copied and burnt as 3d but on playback have found it just made 2d blu-ray) but there was an error.

So im trying another disc, this time burning with dvdfab rather than imgburn

We shall see what happens.

Cheers

Ps if it does go tits up i may have to just go the SBS route.

Comment

ok, this time it took 7hours to burn onto disc (using dvdfab) cloning from miniso

Perfect 3d copy

no issues.

Cheers guys

Comment

Working...
            X