Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25GB BR Blanks That Work Well With DVDFab & Other Newbie Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25GB BR Blanks That Work Well With DVDFab & Other Newbie Questions?

Can anyone comment on which manufactuers produce 25gb BR blanks that play well DVDfab and a higher end WIN7 PC with a quality BR writer?

How long does it generally take to produce a compressed 25gb BR disc archive copy? Is other software useful when using the DVDFab process?

Thank you!
    Last edited by 90312; 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM. Reason: forum rules

When using DVDFab no other software is needed, or advised. Other on the fly decrypters my cause problems and unpredictable results.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Itsme:When i used 25gig disks i used Digistor disks they have a web sight and the cost was about a dollar each in 25 packs.I think they are made by JVC.
      The 50 gig and 25 gig worked well with fab and my Pioneer burner.

The time for conversion varies greatly with how many cores your computer has what graphics card your using with it,what conversion software the card is using to speed the conversion process example (cuda),How long the blu-ray is these all are factors in conversion speed 1-13 hours is about the range i know of.

I heard of conversions lasting 24 hours that's using all software on a slow computer.If you post what your using maybe someone with a system like yours will answer this better should you include how many cores,chip speed,memory speed,what conversion speed up program your graphics card is using and what video card you have.The more info you include the better answer you can get for your system.

I have a 2 core computer and use cuda when i can 7.5 hours for total recall 2012 now someone else with a 4-6 core computer may do it in 1-2 hours.I can take that same movie and reduce it to a dvd9 in 1080p that's a 2 layer regular dvd (8.5 gig) so you get a more compressed but still in 1080p hi def.
      and hd soundtrack same as the blu-ray and do that in 1 hr 40 mins using Cuda and it looks great on my 60 inch plasma tv and on my 8 foot projection screen.

Comment

I always use Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R 25 Pk... NewEgg has them for 25 pk on sale for 16.99 right now. They are the best. I have used them for about 2 years with no issues....
        "Are you still master of your domain?"
        Cosmo Kramer

Comment

I7-3770k , 4 cores 8 threads
          Window 8 using Intel Quick Sync

1 hours and 48 minutes on Prometheus iso
          compress to 25G

Comment

Best BD blanks

I always use Kodak BD25 printables and they're outstanding. About $1.00 each. I've burned over 200 and no problems!

Comment

DVDFab doesn't really care what disks you use, however you burner does. Different disks work better or burn faster with different burners so you should always use the latest firmware for your drive for best results.

Comment

fonzy35; Is that to compress the whole disk, or just the main movie?

Comment

Working...
                X