No announcement yet.

cloning a 3d backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDLDL:I am confused about why this worked if the maximum disk size of the Verbatim blank disks is 22.5gigs formatted and my Digistor disks give me 23.3 gigs of usable space to use
    and the fab default for BD RE is 23866 gig and you set it to 23700 gig aren't they both too big for the 22.5 space on the Verbatim blank disks or even my Digistor disks? Is their fussy math going on here? Is the fab defaults in gigs? Why did this work?
    Please try to teach a old dog a new trick are we talking gigs,decimals,or numbers once removed? I am having a hard understanding this.

You can take the burned disk put in in the computer drive and look how many gigs the disk is burnt so we will know how big fab made the file.

Please give a dog a bone i need to understand this it bugs me.It seems to me you gave the fab program less maximum disk space to burn a file to disk that the log says was to big to burn on the disk you went from 23866 to 23700 and it worked????
    Last edited by glenns; 02-13-2013, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Oh!!! I didn't think about taking the burned disc and seeing how much is on it. Will do that when I get home. Actually, I was wondering the same as you about the size of the Verbatim and my settings on DVDFab. I just thought you would know what was going on! Oh, I am ordering the media (3D) player today along with the WD 4GB external hard drive!
      Last edited by LDLDL; 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Okay, I put a blank disc in the drive and it reads 22.5 GB Free of 22.5 GB. When I put in Hotel Transylvania, which was burned from iso, main movie only, it reads 0 bytes of 23.3 GB UDF. DVDFab shows the burned disc at 23.302 GB. I don't understand the different readings, however it works!!!
        Last edited by LDLDL; 02-14-2013, 01:11 AM.

Comment

LDLDL:
          Ok Fab reports burnt file was 23.302 in size Hotel Transylvania 3d main movie.
          Fabs default setting for write once blu-rays is 23.866.
          Fabs log say the disk wasn't big enough to do the burn (14:34:03 Error No enough space to hold data. 12302976 > 12219392) short (83554).
          You change the fab burner to a smaller size 23.700 and the disk now burns.

Question for fab developers why didn't the disk burn with the fab default settings at 23.866?(burn log is posted in this tread.)File size is 23.302 disk size is 22.5 how did fab write a larger file to a 22.5 (smaller disk) also
          why did it do the burn when fab settings were changed to 23.700 also bigger than disk size? Seems like fuzzy math going on here.
          Doe's Fab burner use over burn or truncate? even if so why did changing the burner engine to a smaller size by .166 allow the fab burning to burn the disk? I will be doing this same disk soon so i will see if my results are the same.

LDLDL_What gave you the idea to set fabs settings to a smaller setting(23.866 to 23.700 (.166) a small difference then fab was able to burn the disk)?
          Your last post says you ordered a 4 gig hard drive is that a typo as its way to small? you should go no lower than a 2t drive and a3t drive costing only a little more but check first if your new media player can handle a 3t drive some can't. I don't know about the media player you said your getting but check to see if it doe's 3d and plays all hi def soundtracks and can it do it from files and iso's.Your really going to like having all your movies in 1 place and not worrying about Cinavia.
          Last edited by glenns; 02-14-2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

If the player doesn't support a 4TB (Not GB) drive, this can usually be circumvented by partitioning it into 2 x 2Tb partitions.

I agree with you Glenn that LDLDL should make absolutely sure of the specs of the player he is purchasing first.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the error. I ordered a 4TB WD Drive. The media player I ordered handles all of the specs you mentioned (I always do my homework before spending $ on gadgets. My only mistake was ordering the
              3D Sony DVD player.) The only thing I don't know is if it will handle 4TB. If not, I can partition it as GregiBoy suggested. It all comes tomorrow and I will report back!
              As for adjusting the disc size, I remember from way back on Fab we were told to adjust the size down so it wouldn't burn too close to the edge. This was way before Bluray!!!! I've been a member of DVDFab forever. I can't remember why my join date is 2010, unless I changed my username.
              One more question... What's the difference between backing up a movie to a iso file vs the other way? Is burning a disc or viewing a movie from an iso file better?
              Last edited by LDLDL; 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

To close to the edge what were you thinking as it was the file that was too big for the disk space.You adjusted fab burner to burn files on less disk space on a disk not big enough in the first place.

This is what gets me as adjusting the numbers smaller seems to kick in compression in order for it to work as it did.I wish the developers would explain this as if you adjust the numbers smaller than default numbers in fab burner it would seem that means the file will record if small enough to less disk space to avoid running to the edge of disk as you said.

This looks like fab compressed the disk some kind of over burn or truncate must be going on here.I don't like fussy math, numbers once removed,or numbers touching one another(power math used in think tank) So i consulted the worlds most famous detective who looked at this and says- when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...â€
                ― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                  To close to the edge what were you thinking as it was the file that was too big for the disk space.You adjusted fab burner to burn files on less disk space on a disk not big enough in the first place.

This is what gets me as adjusting the numbers smaller seems to kick in compression in order for it to work as it did.I wish the developers would explain this as if you adjust the numbers smaller than default numbers in fab burner it would seem that means the file will record if small enough to less disk space to avoid running to the edge of disk as you said.

This looks like fab compressed the disk some kind of over burn or truncate must be going on here.I don't like fussy math, numbers once removed,or numbers touching one another(power math used in think tank) So i consulted the worlds most famous detective who looked at this and says- when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...”
                  ― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
                  You must understand that I adjusted the settings to 23700 because I've always had it at that setting on my older computer. When DVDFab was asking for a DL disc, I actually upped the figure past the default and it still didn't work. After that, I deleted everything and started over with the burner being DVDEFab and my setting at 23700 and burning from the iso directly to the disc. Before, I was burning to the HD.

What about the iso question? Thanks!
                  Last edited by LDLDL; 02-14-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

The advantage of an ISO is that everything is contained in one file so it is easier to manage your library on your hard disk but only use it if your media player supports playing from ISO's. Some will not.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      The advantage of an ISO is that everything is contained in one file so it is easier to manage your library on your hard disk but only use it if your media player supports playing from ISO's. Some will not.
                      Thanks, I'll be using iso's from now on!

Comment

What player did you order and have you got it yet?

Comment

Iso is a exact 1-1 copy minus the copy the protection where as a copy to folder is not a exact 1-1 copy.In the 3d world it's better to work with iso's because blu rays are iso's and other equipment and software understand this and some look for it.

Example:You can use other burning programs to burn 3d movies like image burn if it has a 3d iso but image burn won't make a 3d blu ray from a 3d movie folder.

You can also turn a movie file into a iso by putting it in fab and burning it to a iso folder but will it be the same as making a iso from store brought disk i think not but it might fool other devices that its a real iso (exact copy).Try it buy putting the store bought iso into fab and in blu-ray copy use the clone option it will turn the 3d movie into a iso in Fab version 9 use the burn option to make a clone.See if this will work for fun.

Now lets get down to what your manuals say about what kinds of files it can play and stream for the media player and for the blu ray player as my mind is not at rest till the fat lady sings her song.We will get to the bottom of this problem even if i need to bring in that famous detective again.

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              What player did you order and have you got it yet?
                              KDLINKS HD700 and it comes tomorrow. I hope I'm not disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                                Iso is a exact 1-1 copy minus the copy the protection where as a copy to folder is not a exact 1-1 copy.In the 3d world it's better to work with iso's because blu rays are iso's and other equipment and software understand this and some look for it.

Example:You can use other burning programs to burn 3d movies like image burn if it has a 3d iso but image burn won't make a 3d blu ray from a 3d movie folder.

You can also turn a movie file into a iso by putting it in fab and burning it to a iso folder but will it be the same as making a iso from store brought disk i think not but it might fool other devices that its a real iso (exact copy).Try it buy putting the store bought iso into fab and in blu-ray copy use the clone option it will turn the 3d movie into a iso in Fab version 9 use the burn option to make a clone.See if this will work for fun.

Now lets get down to what your manuals say about what kinds of files it can play and stream for the media player and for the blu ray player as my mind is not at rest till the fat lady sings her song.We will get to the bottom of this problem even if i need to bring in that famous detective again.
                                Thanks for this information!!! I think I'll keep you on DVDFab speed dial!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X